Koodo Community
Question

why charged me 25 dollars?

In May 1,l successfully set up pre-authorized payments.

But, in may 3,Tuesday, I received  two same emails that told me the payment was declined and charged me 25 dollars.

On Tuesday ,my bank account still have over 1000 dollars credit available. 

Yesterday, Thursday, I could pay the bill through the same bank account. 

I can't understand?

If my bank account doesn't allow me to set pre-authorized, the Koodo should tell me first .

Koodo should not change me .It was not my fault.

I don't know how to connect Koodo to fix this. I don't want to waste time with some system. 

11 replies

Maybe change me 50 dollars, because I Recieved two same emails .It is terrible!!!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

But, in may 3,Tuesday, I received  two same emails that told me the payment was declined and charged me 25 dollars.

I can't understand?

If my bank account doesn't allow me to set pre-authorized, the Koodo should tell me first .

I don't know how to connect Koodo to fix this. I don't want to waste time with some system. 

Have you tried speaking to a Koodo rep about this issue? You can schedule a callback through Koodo Assist or send a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter. https://Koo.do/Chat 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you confirming here that your bank does not allow pre-authorized debit? 

I can't understand?

Have you tried speaking to a Koodo rep about this issue? You can schedule a callback through Koodo Assist or send a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter. https://Koo.do/Chat 

Thank you. I'll do that. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You might be better off asking your bank why the payment was declined. They would likely be able to provide more information about WHY it was rejected that koodo can.

I don't think so. Why Koodo told me  successfully pre-authorize at first?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I agree with Timo. Ask your bank if they see a preauthorized withdrawal attempt and if they do ask them why it was rejected. 

If my bank account doesn't allow me to set , the Koodo should tell me first .

I don't think so. Why Koodo told me  successfully pre-authorize at first?

You might be better off asking your bank why the payment was declined. They would likely be able to provide more information about WHY it was rejected that koodo can.

Thank you. I will do that. But Koodo told me set the pre-authorize thing successfully. That means the "successfully " maybe isn't really "successfully ".

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

On Koodo’s end it was set-up perfectly. If they send the payment and the bank declines it, it’s the bank’s fault and not Koodo’s, as Koodo can’t charge you before in order to see if successful is really “successful” or not.

On Koodo’s end it was set-up perfectly. If they send the payment and the bank declines it, it’s the bank’s fault and not Koodo’s, as Koodo can’t charge you before in order to see if successful is really “successful” or not.

Maybe the bank will also say :"it is not my mistake .Ask the Koodo. Because you already set successful and the bank already received thismessage. " 

But anyway ,thanks for your replying .

I will ask the bank and the Koodo. 

Not just for  25 or 50 dollars, it's an " honest "problem. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Maybe the bank will say that. But you won't know until you ask. And if they do, try to get as much info from them as possible. Maybe they will know what could be the potential Problem.