Koodo Community
Question

What will it take to get a human being to answer a SIMPLE question?

• 20 November 2022
  • 7 replies

What will it take to get a human being to answer a SIMPLE question? All I want to know is how to pay off my account so I can start fresh, either with Koodo or elsewhere. Callbacks don’t work when I can’t be at home to answer them.

7 replies

Koodo shows Customer service as being available now, but I still get shuffled to this ridiculous message service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What do you mean by pay off your account? Do you have any outstanding bill ?

Do you want to pay off your Tab?

Yes...I want to pay off the Tab and phone charge. I have just paid my December bill early, so there should be two months of charges left. Tab is $15/month and Tab Plus charge is approx. $18/month. I have January and February left on my two year contract. All I want to do is clear my account and move ahead with a new phone and plan, be it with Koodo or elsewhere. I just can’t get a live person, even though the website shows customer service is available today. I keep getting offered a “callback” which isn’t feasible for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

"All I want to do is clear my account and move ahead with a new phone and plan,"

If you want to upgrade your phone and want to switch your plan :

Loginto self serve > shop for phone > pick a  phone you want > they will ask you to agree to pay off your tab balance AND tab bonus on your next bill > once you agree, you can pick a plan > and follow more instructions

If you want to move to different provider. Then open up an account with them > transfer/ port your number> your account will be close once porting is done > Koodo will send you a bill including remaining Tab and any overage fee.( So, don't cancel Koodo service before porting is done.)

Koodo is pushing as  self serve brand. If you need a rep for every service, then Koodo is not good option for you. 

Thank you for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@MarkBoese6275 I see you have been able to change plans on both of your lines to Pick-Your-Perk plan. It also shows you picked rollover data as your perk. As fart as your tab, you do not have to pay it off, unless you would like to upgrade your phone. The tab is like an “interest free loan” and current high inflation maybe be the best tool to look after it. Paying off something else may or may not be a better option. 

@MarkBoese6275 I see you have been able to change plans on both of your lines to Pick-Your-Perk plan. I

Yes, but it is a temporary solution. A more permanent solution has been achieved. Thank you.