Koodo Community
Question

unauthorized charge for Application Store Service

• 20 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Hey,

I just received my bill, I've been charged $4.99 for Application Store Service - 1,000 Events numerous time. 

I don’t recall signing up for anything. Please advise. 

Thanks!

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'll flag a rep to give you the details of what it was and any texting history to from 5415 shortcode. You can search for it to see what it is too

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @FMed 

Please log in using the “Log in via self serve” option in the community log in page, so we can access the details on our end and further assist.

i also got the same charges, and i want to know who authorize it?  as far as i know, i did not.  i want to know who did, and why i am being charged, and when am i the one to need to dispute it with sender?  Shouldn’t Koodo stop it?

Why/how would Koodo authorized such a charge on client’s account?

Userlevel 6

i also got the same charges, and i want to know who authorize it?  as far as i know, i did not.  i want to know who did, and why i am being charged, and when am i the one to need to dispute it with sender?  Shouldn’t Koodo stop it?

You or someone using your phone are there only ones that can authorize these charges. 

You or someone using your phone are there only ones that can authorize these charges. 

There is no reply to sender with the authorization pin code in my sms history,  so this is why I am asking.   Or these sms are auto replied by itself? I also blocked all incoming sms from 5415.

There is no reply to sender with the authorization pin code in my sms history,  so this is why I am asking.   Or these sms are auto replied by itself? I also blocked all incoming sms from 5415.

I also got the same charges, from 1Play. $15 last month, I checked the 5415 code and it was blocked in spam. The first message said to enter a code to accept charges, this was never entered (how could it be if it was blocked?) and still ended up charging me. Just saw I got charged again! How can I be charged for a blocked message, when I never entered a code to accept?!

I reviewed my Sept bill and I got the same charge for $4.99. I reviewed my SMS history and there was a text message from 5415 asking confirmation for Word of Games and to text back 0596 to confirm the subscription or text STOP. Within 2 minutes, I texted back STOP to cancel and received a text message back confirming unsubscribed and no longer be charged. However, I still see the charge and no refund! This is a scam and from what I read so far Koodo is no help and pushes back the responsibility on its users.

I am waiting for a call back from Koodo to see what’s going on and not allow any third party charges on my Koodo account. From what I read, other carriers like Fido can do do this. If Koodo says it can’t, then I will leave Koodo, file a complaint with the CRTC and BBB.