Koodo Community

stop advertising text messages from Koodo

Koodo is sending me  advertising text messages with pics without my permission. I am out of the country and because Koodo text messages I got charged 13$ .  I will make a complaint to the CRTC because  Koodo is doing it in order to charge more. 

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Could you share a screenshot of what the text you received was?

Displaying Screenshot 2021-10-07 at 8.47.03 PM.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Displaying Screenshot 2021-10-07 at 8.47.03 PM.png

Hmm, I see a reply but it doesn't look like the screenshot uploaded properly. Could you try again?

I resent the  screenshot. Other thing,  I pay roaming when I use it with my friends and clients, but Koodo can't send me those messages and charge me for those pic texts because is the company that provides me with the service that I pay for

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Received messages are free of charge. Why do you think they charge you for those? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I resent the  screenshot. Other thing,  I pay roaming when I use it with my friends and clients, but Koodo can't send me those messages and charge me for those pic texts because is the company that provides me with the service that I pay for

Did you use easy roam before or after that text? Were you charged an extra 24hours of easy roam due to this?

Received messages are free of charge. Why do you think they charge you for those? 

MMS is charged as data while roaming is my understanding. 

• Picture & video messaging, including iMessage uses data and not text messages. 

Yes I was charged an extra 24hours of easy roam because this.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If receiving that mms is what kicked in easy roam for you, I can flag a Rep to have that charge reversed since that's not right. But it's also possible that you had other usage that caused it to kick in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I only ask since if you used data, talk or sent a text right before or after this koodo MMS you would have been charged for easy roaming anyways and it would not impact your billing. 

If it was an extra 24hours (so no text sent or talk or data use in that 24hour period) I'll flag a rep to look into this for you. 

I did not use data  that day , I contacted a rep they are checking it for me.