Koodo Community
Solved

Pre authorized payments enabled but NOT working.

• 23 October 2021
  • 9 replies

My bill cycle is the on 11th of every month.  (I had to manually pay last month because it was my first month.  Nice of Koodo NOT to mention that to me, by the way)  But it looks like I'm going to have to manually pay again this month because it says "Your bill will be automatically paid on October 11th, 2021."  So I waited awhile hoping it would clear itself up but it is now October 23rd, 2021 and it still says my bill will be automatically paid on October 11th, 2021.  This is what happened last month until I manually paid.  Does anyone know what I am missing?  Or is Koodo pre authorized payments not working?  Thanks

icon

Best answer by Robert T 23 October 2021, 19:16

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m sorry but Koodo DOES mention it when you sign up for pre-auth payments. You just gotta read 👀. 

If you look on your sefl-serve do you still have the amount due or it’s been paid?

I’m sorry but Koodo DOES mention it when you sign up for pre-auth payments. You just gotta read 👀. 

If you look on your sefl-serve do you still have the amount due or it’s been 

1.  No it literally did NOT. ( that was my beef..)
  2. And you’re telling ME to read.  👀
  3. Thanks for wasting my time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I wish I did find that screenshot that says it takes a full billing cycle before it occurs just so that I can prove you wrong. Unfortunately I don’t have time for that 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My bill cycle is the on 11th of every month.  (I had to manually pay last month because it was my first month.  Nice of Koodo NOT to mention that to me, by the way)  But it looks like I'm going to have to manually pay again this month because it says "Your bill will be automatically paid on October 11th, 2021."  So I waited awhile hoping it would clear itself up but it is now October 23rd, 2021 and it still says my bill will be automatically paid on October 11th, 2021.  This is what happened last month until I manually paid.  Does anyone know what I am missing?  Or is Koodo pre authorized payments not working?  Thanks

I hate to say this, but Robert is correct here. You can easily find this information through a simple Google search. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-pre-authorized-payments

As quoted directly from the Koodo page:

If you've just signed up for pre-authorized payments and aren't sure whether you should pay your first bill or if it will automatically be taken from your bank account, please note: it can take one full bill cycle for your PAP to register. In order to avoid paying late fees, you can make your first payment through your bank or by credit card. If you pay your bill before the pre-authorized payment comes through to us, nothing will happen to your PAP and no double payment will be taken from your bank account.

I hate to say this, but Robert is correct here. You can easily find this information through a simple Google search. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-pre-authorized-payments

As quoted directly from the Koodo page:

If you've just signed up for pre-authorized payments and aren't sure whether you should pay your first bill or if it will automatically be taken from your bank account, please note: it can take one full bill cycle for your PAP to register. In order to avoid paying late fees, you can make your first payment through your bank or by credit card. If you pay your bill before the pre-authorized payment comes through to us, nothing will happen to your PAP and no double payment will be taken from your bank account.

It would be nice if people would read properly before chiming in on something.  Let alone not helping.  I know that you can find that information through a Google search.  That's how I found out.  (Luckily before I did nothing and received late fees)  My point is Koodo doesn't mention this to you when you sign up.  You're left own your own to figure this out.  In. actual. fact. you are wrong.  Robert is incorrect here.  And you are even more wrong for not only not reading properly and trying to pile on a wrong answer but for not even trying to off help.  Wasting other people's time.  Thank you for that.

In case you even care this situation was recently resolved for me through Twitter with a Koodo rep.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi there,  @boohads. Thank you for your feedback, it is very valuable to us, as we’re always looking to improve the service and the information communicated to our customers.  Glad that you found the information on our Website. But, just to be sure, are you saying that while signing up for pre-authorized payments, the system didn’t let you know that it would take 1 full billing cycle, before the amount is withdrawn automatically.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It would be nice if people would read properly before chiming in on something.  Let alone not helping.  I know that you can find that information through a Google search.  That's how I found out.  (Luckily before I did nothing and received late fees)  My point is Koodo doesn't mention this to you when you sign up.  You're left own your own to figure this out.  In. actual. fact. you are wrong.  Robert is incorrect here.  And you are even more wrong for not only not reading properly and trying to pile on a wrong answer but for not even trying to off help.  Wasting other people's time.  Thank you for that.

In case you even care this situation was recently resolved for me through Twitter with a Koodo rep.

I suppose we can agree to disagree. @Robert T and I actually cared, which is why we responded to you. Glad to hear it has been resolved by a Koodo rep.

Hi there,  @boohads. Thank you for your feedback, it is very valuable to us, as we’re always looking to improve the service and the information communicated to our customers.  Glad that you found the information on our Website. But, just to be sure, are you saying that while signing up for pre-authorized payments, the system didn’t let you know that it would take 1 full billing cycle, before the amount is withdrawn automatically.  

Correct.

I suppose we can agree to disagree. @Robert T and I actually cared, which is why we responded to you. Glad to hear it has been resolved by a Koodo rep.

No and No.  Be better.