Koodo Community
Question

old and new service provider charging me bills, HELP!

• 9 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi, I had my old provider at bell and Koodo called me with a special offer if I came back as I was with telus for soooo long. I decided to go ahead with it. Right away I got the emails on how to move my phone number so obviously I started that process not realizing I had to wait for the sim ( it was not clear). So I talked to a lady that put the transfer on hold. She told me to call back when I got the sim. I rec’d the sim and tried to call Koodo but they were supposed to call me back as I set up a call back time. No one called. I tried again and no one called. It’s been a month and I still hadn’t put my SIM card in so I got billed from bell AND Koodo! Wtf. I feel I’m not fully transferred to Koodo so they should not be charging me! My bill is due oct 20 something and it’s oct 9th today.. and as of yesterday ppl can’t call me as it just goes to voicemail. What the hell is going on! Very disappointed In Koodo’s business and services. How do I get a hold of someone ?!!?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you got access to your self serve yet? You don’t need someone to call and transfer it to Koodo, you can follow this https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo

Bell continues to charge you until the transfer is complete. As of now, you mentioned your Koodo service stopped? Or your Bell service stopped?

Also, when you scheduled a call back, how  did you do it?, was the number active and can receive incoming calls as usual ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi, I had my old provider at bell and Koodo called me with a special offer if I came back as I was with telus for soooo long. I decided to go ahead with it. Right away I got the emails on how to move my phone number so obviously I started that process not realizing I had to wait for the sim ( it was not clear). So I talked to a lady that put the transfer on hold. She told me to call back when I got the sim. I rec’d the sim and tried to call Koodo but they were supposed to call me back as I set up a call back time. No one called. I tried again and no one called. It’s been a month and I still hadn’t put my SIM card in so I got billed from bell AND Koodo! Wtf. I feel I’m not fully transferred to Koodo so they should not be charging me! My bill is due oct 20 something and it’s oct 9th today.. and as of yesterday ppl can’t call me as it just goes to voicemail. What the hell is going on! Very disappointed In Koodo’s business and services. How do I get a hold of someone ?!!?

Did you register your Self-Serve account? If you already did that, you should have proceeded with the porting process. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo

The longer you delay the process, the more costs will accumulate, since you are paying for your service with Bell, as well as the one with Koodo.

To prevent this from continuing, I would suggest you to either port out to Koodo immediately or cancel your service with Koodo. 

Once you got this sorted out, you can schedule a callback through Koodo Assist or send a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter to see if they can credit you for the days you did not use the service. https://Koo.do/Chat 

Ok so yes I had self serve already, I don’t know if I could write this message with out it? Not sure.. but I do. 
I went back to my original email on transferring number and went to ‘manage’ my phone number or whatever and it said it was pending and to do a chat saying #HelpSS so I did and had to have a call back to a different number as mine was not receiving calls. 

I tried to ask the guy to credit me for the services I did not use but he said that was not possible. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he just hung up on me. So I will try the chat, just never know what to say or explain my situation properly over chat vs talking with a human. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok so yes I had self serve already, I don’t know if I could write this message with out it? Not sure.. but I do. 
I went back to my original email on transferring number and went to ‘manage’ my phone number or whatever and it said it was pending and to do a chat saying #HelpSS so I did and had to have a call back to a different number as mine was not receiving calls. 

I tried to ask the guy to credit me for the services I did not use but he said that was not possible. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he just hung up on me. So I will try the chat, just never know what to say or explain my situation properly over chat vs talking with a human. 

If you try the chat, you will still need to schedule a callback. Once you reach a rep on the phone, you can ask them to direct you to the appropriate authority in the Koodo porting team to sort out the problem.

In the meantime, I flagged a Koodo rep to help you out.