Koodo Community
Question

Mysterious Third Party charge "pbm.cx" event in my bill

There is a mysterious third party charge, pbm.cx, in my most recent bill.  It said it happened at 2:08am on June 11.  I swore I never used any of this third party app nor am aware of this. What's more weird is that this event could only be seen on the Koodo website but not in the monthly bill statement PDF.

Please help to remove this charge and it's related taxes to my bill.  Thanks.

13 replies

same! i don’ t know wat this is and i also need to get rid of it

The same happened to me.   Mine was at 1:01 a.m and I'm not even up at that time.   Now apparently I have to contact the company that I never even used to get a credit. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It seems you may have registered a mobile payment to your account. You can visit this link to check your subscription status and choose to cancel the service. https://paybymobile.info/login

Userlevel 2

I just received June bill and have this unknown charge from pbm.cx also.  I do not play any games or purchase movies or musics using my phone.  I really do not want to go to https://paybymobile.info/login and give my phone number, get pin code, log in etc until I am 100% sure this is safe company.  Very frustration. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I just received June bill and have this unknown charge from pbm.cx also.  I do not play any games or purchase movies or musics using my phone.  I really do not want to go to https://paybymobile.info/login and give my phone number, get pin code, log in etc until I am 100% sure this is safe company.  Very frustration. 

Did you receive any text messages from 5415? If so, there should be instructions telling you how you can stop the subscription service, so they will not continue to charge you. 

Userlevel 2

Just checked my Spam box and it was a different number but I received text from pbm last month.  It’s like “All fun games! Click the link to access al contents”!.  Of course I didn’t clicked it and marked as Spam text and deleted it.  Now without any my consent and without my will, I was the subscriber and charged this month.  How this could be legal??!!  And Koodo/Telus are the partner company? Really ??!!

Same thing happened to me.  Was charged for a subscription I didn’t sign up for on June 12.

Koodo this is unacceptable.  You need to refund these charges, YOU are allowing these fraudulent charges to continue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

PM Connect is actually a legitimate service enjoyed by many. It’s a service that is similar to Netflix but for gaming.

Please note that you will continue being charged for the service until you decide to stop the service directly through them .  You’ll need to use two factor authentication, as you did during the sign up, to login and cancel the subscription. 

In case you need the info again, here is their contact information:
Toll free number: 1-844-336-1188
Email: support.ca@paybymobile.info 
Website: paybymobile.info for account/subscription management

For more information on how subscriptions like this work please visit this helpful article we created:

Chris,

Based on the amount of Koodo customers that are being charged for a subscription they didn’t sign up for I don’t believe that is it “actually a legitimate service enjoyed by many.”

I DID NOT sign up for this service, so your comments about needing a two factor authentication are simply not true.

If these fraudulent charges appear on my bill again I will be changing providers and will tell everyone I know to do the same.

I have the same issue

This only happened with koodo

Why wouldnt the carried allow such thing without us authorizing it

And koodo wont take it out

Cor they probably get paid by the third party so they wont blocknit

I am pissed and frustrated 😠 😡 

I am leavin koodomobile aswell

Stupod idiots blaming third party and stealing money

Userlevel 2

Chris Koodo,

“You’ll need to use two factor authentication, as you did during the sign up” is absolutely a false statement. 
I did not sign up this service.  I got a strange text message from this company and I deleted immediately without clicking any links they attached.   It is a fraud if I don’t give any payment information or agree to pay for the service but money is just taken.  

People are NOT asking how this kind of subscription works.   People are asking why people are being charged without actually subscribing the service. 

I got charged twice in the same month

Isnt this a monthly 

I wish many would stop paying koodo for the services and move out. Once koodo begins loosing customers and money

They will probably take action unless the amount provided by the third party is higher koodo will encourage these practices…

Dammit koodo make an option on selfserve account so you claim to care users can check if they want to have paid by carrier service or not

Is there any lawyers here who can file a classaction against ther service providers accepting those charges on our behalf without our consent...