Koodo Community
Question

Koodo never does a callback

• 23 September 2021
  • 13 replies

I need to talk to a Koodo agent for weird charges on my account. I’ve tried setting up a call back twice using the “Koodo Assist” chat, but noone from the Koodo side made a freaking call.

Number is not blocked and all that. I didn’t even get any voicemail notification so that means no call attempt was even made.

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you receive the text letting you know that your callback was coming soon?

As well if you're comfortable, what kind of charges are you seeing? We may be able to help out/explain the charges on here.

Yeah I received a text about receiving a call back 4 mins before the allotted time, but I never got a callback.

I was charged roaming charges even though I didn’t cross the border. I was just at Vancouver Island but never crossed the border (the border is closed anyways).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I can flag a rep to assist. For future reference, you can set your network selection mode to manual, wait for the list to populate, and select Koodo. Your phone should only connect to Koodo going forward. Keep that in mind for when you do want to roam.

I can flag a rep to assist.

@Goran If you could, please do. Thank you.

For future reference, you can set your network selection mode to manual, wait for the list to populate, and select Koodo. Your phone should only connect to Koodo going forward. Keep that in mind for when you do want to roam.

Thanks for this tip as well, will keep this in mind in the future!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’ve flagged a rep.

@Goran Thank you. Do you know when/how the rep will reach out?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @n33dh3lp! I checked the roaming charges on your line and they were created because the phone briefly connected to an AT&T tower on September 4th & 5th and used a very small amount of data. But no worries, the connections seem to have been accidental so I applied an adjustment on your account and you can check your new amount due in Self Serve here.

This usually happens when the phone gets close to the border and detects a stronger signal from a U.S. tower, but you can avoid this situation in the future by making sure the roaming option is always turned off in your phone's settings. Also make sure to turn off the mobile data option when you don't need it or when you plan to get close to the border, and most importantly, as Goran mentioned, please select the Koodo network manually from your phone's settings (turn off automatic) so that the phone could stay connected only to the Koodo network.

@Lavinia Koodo Hi, thanks for replying. I do see on the Billing page that the “Balance due” amount shows my regular monthly fee. But the balance details (both under “Your current bill” on the same page and the pdf statement that I can download) still shows the roaming charges. Are you able to check this again?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for getting back to us, @n33dh3lp! The amount mentioned on the bill won’t be modified since the bill has already been generated, however you don’t have to worry about it. The updated amount is already reflected under ‘Balance Due’ in Self Serve; that’s all you have to pay for the current billing cycle. 

Koodo Does not call me. I requested callback 8 times over the past week but no one calls me. I am very tired of requesting callback from Koodo Assist. I get the message but no one calls me. I really need to talk to an agent. 

Please fix it. It is really bad and frustrating!!!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @moji1371! Could you please make sure that our number 1-866-995-6636 isn't accidentally blocked from the settings of your phone?

Yes. I double checked that. This number is not blocked. Please ask an agent to call me. I am really tired of requesting!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Please send us a message on Facebook or Twitter and we’ll assist you ASAP.