Koodo Community
Question

Koodo monthly credit when I change plan

• 24 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I started as a new Koodo subscriber a year back and am currently on a $55 plan with no Tab. I have a monthly credit of $10 (I think this is a new subscriber/connection credit) and another $15 due to referrals. I am planning to change my plan to a Tab Plus or Mid one to take a Google Pixel 6a for $0. The cost of these plans are also the same being $55. Do I get to keep my credits?

For eg, current plan: $55

Credits = $15 + $10 = $25

So I pay $30 + tax.

1. Will my bill remain the same for the next 2 years (contract period) since the plan cost is also $55?
  2. Also is there a way to check for how long, I’ve got this $10 credit?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Your referral credit would stay. However the $10 is likely not because it was given to you with the old $55.

Do you recall any condition of the promotion of $10/m at that time?

I do not recall being informed of a duration for the credit not the conditions for it. Is there any way I could get that checked.

Your referral credit would stay. However the $10 is likely not because it was given to you with the old $55.

Do you recall any condition of the promotion of $10/m at that time?

I do not recall being informed of a duration for the credit not the conditions for it. Is there any way I could get that checked

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

$10 bill credit is likely for new activation and they usually associated with the plan.

So, if you changed to this new $55 plan (with Unlimited Canada-wide messaging /text & picture  instead of International messaging with your current plan), it  is likely will fall off. But they have another promo of $5/mo of  bill credit for 15 month.

Is there a way to confirm if the credit will fall off? Will someone at Koodo store be able to confirm?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is there a way to confirm if the credit will fall off? Will someone at Koodo store be able to confirm?

It is all depends. Which credit was it? 

Anyway, most of the time, credit would fall off if it was attached to the plan.

The bill has 2 entries of $10 each that says “Monthly Credit” with an asterisk after. And at the bottom of the bill asterisk is explained as  “Credit Provided is discretionary……”. There’s no mention of credit in the contract either. But the credit was mentioned by the sales lady when I bought the phone who said at that time it lasts till the end of the contract, which is 24 months. I am into month 13 of the contract.