Koodo Community
Solved

Incorrect roaming charge - didn't leave Canada

I would like to speak to a Koodo employee or hear advice from customers who had this experience. I went to one of British Columbia’s Gulf Islands (Salt Spring) this weekend and while at a cidery there was notified via text and email saying “Welcome to the USA. Easy Roam is active.”

I’d already sent texts from the cidery before getting those notifications, and I really don’t want to pay anything when I didn’t even leave the country. Anything I can do here? Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Allan M 2 May 2022, 03:42

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you sent them before you got the message then you should have been connected to a Canadian tower at that time and would be good.

Wait until your bill comes out and if you see the charges come back here and one of us will flag a rep to look into for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @danielleg! That notification usually comes in when the phone detects a stronger network from a U.S. tower, but it does not necessarily mean that phone connected to that tower. In your case, we can confirm that the phone did not connect to any foreign tower so far during this billing cycle. 

You can try to avoid this situation in the future by selecting the Koodo network manually from your phone's settings (turn off automatic) so that the phone could stay connected only to the Koodo network.

In our case we didn’t leave Canada at all. We were on the southern end of Pelee Island in Lake Erie when my wife received an alert Welcoming us to the USA. At no time did we leave Canada or make any call or send a message and yet we were charged $11.00. How do we get this charge reversed?   Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In our case we didn’t leave Canada at all. We were on the southern end of Pelee Island in Lake Erie when my wife received an alert Welcoming us to the USA. At no time did we leave Canada or make any call or send a message and yet we were charged $11.00. How do we get this charge reversed?   Thanks 

Once you get your invoice with the roaming charge on your pdf ebill, just request a callback via koodo assist

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help?autobots=rollout