Koodo Community

If I got a new phone and reactivate my service, will it reactivate the phone that I lost too?

• 20 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I have lost my phone last weekend and suspended my service as soon as possible. Now that I have received my new phone and need to reactivate my service, I was wondering if this will also reactivate the phone that I lost. I want the new phone to be active, but not the lost one!

Thanks in advance!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It will until you do a sim swap (if you haven’t done this yet).

Once you set a new sim card as your active one though, the old one becomes disconnected.

Thanks Allan,

By sim swap, do you just mean when I put the sim card in the new phone? Or do I need to do anything else?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks Allan,

By sim swap, do you just mean when I put the sim card in the new phone? Or do I need to do anything else?

If you don’t currently have a working sim card for your number you will have to activate a new sim for your number through self serve following the steps below:

1. Log in to your Self Serve account.
  2. On the Overview page, click Self Serve and select Mobile services from the drop-down menu.
  3. Select Change next to Change your SIM card.
  4. Enter your new SIM number in the text box and click Continue.
  5. An SMS verification code will be sent to your current working Koodo SIM or to another line on your account in case your SIM is lost/damaged. If you don’t have a working SIM card or other lines on your account, you can schedule a callback through Koodo Assist to get a rep to help you with this.
  6. You’ll have 2 hours to enter the verification code in the SMS.
  7. Once you’ve entered the verification code, you can now insert your new SIM card into your phone.
  8. It might take up to 15 minutes for your SIM to be activated.

Will the pictures and contacts from a lost sim card be able to be retrieved by the sim swap you just mentioned?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Will the pictures and contacts from a lost sim card be able to be retrieved by the sim swap you just mentioned?

No, unfortunately not.

To note thought, the only thing that may be stored on a sim card would be contacts but phones have stopped giving that ability a few years ago due to the frequency that sims are changed

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, unfortunately not.

To note thought, the only thing that may be stored on a sim card would be contacts but phones have stopped giving that ability a few years ago due to the frequency that sims are changed

My S21 Ultra still has the option…