Koodo Community
Question

If I add a line, but then swith the primary line to telus will the $5 bonus still be active on the added line?

• 25 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello all, I’m currently considering taking an upgrade to a telus plan.  but in the meantime i want to add a family member to my koodo account which will give them $5 off for 24 months.   Once its set up.. Can i safely upgrade my primary account to telus, and will my newly added line still receive the discount.   I’m still adding a new line to koodo, and I myself am staying in the Telus family.  Please advise.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Porting out one line will have no effect on the plans of other lines on the account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You want to add your family member under your account, correct?

And you are the account owner/ Primary number,right?

Is there anybody else under your account?

You want to add your family member under your account, correct?

And you are the account owner/ Primary number,right?

Is there anybody else under your account?

Yes I am the primary account holder, i want to add a family member  to get the 24 months of $5 add-a-line bonus.  But considering to move my phone to telus to take advantage of some black friday offers on phones koodo doesn’t have.   No-one else under my account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes I am the primary account holder, i want to add a family member  to get the 24 months of $5 add-a-line bonus.  But considering to move my phone to telus to take advantage of some black friday offers on phones koodo doesn’t have.   No-one else under my account.

You will still be responsible for the family member even though you are porting out of Koodo. If you do not mind, it can be a viable option. Otherwise, you may be on the hook if there are any non-payment issues. 

It would be better to create a new account or complete a transfer of ownership after you port out. Note there will be a $50 fee for the service. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/transfer-of-ownership-town

You will still be responsible for the family member even though you are porting out of Koodo. If you do not mind, it can be a viable option. Otherwise, you may be on the hook if there are any non-payment issues. 

It would be better to create a new account or complete a transfer of ownership after you port out. Note there will be a $50 fee for the service. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/transfer-of-ownership-town

Thank you.  I’m okay with being responsible, it will actually be better because my koodo account will stay open and i won’t lose all my years of loyalty for when i return.  I’m not too worried about my dad going deliquent with payments :)   I just wanted to confirm he wouldnt’ lose the $5 24 month bonus.. Thanks for your help!