Koodo Community
Question

I got Scammed, help me, I fear I might get scammed again.

• 2 October 2021
  • 5 replies

I got Scammed, help me, I fear I might get scammed again.

This is my first month In Canada, so i’m totally unaware about scams and all, please help in getting back 4.99 dollars please. please find attached.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don’t think that carriers can help with getting refunds. Is this the only time you ever got messages from this number and service? One option is to contact that email address to ask that a refund be given if you were charged. I see that Sky Sports is a British sports channel?

Yes, that was the only time. I did email them bunch of times but still no reply. Yup it is a british sports channel. Is there a way you guys can stop them from charging me, if it happens in the near future, Cause the number is 100% fraud!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you're no longer being charged then you're ok.
I'm not aware of a way to stop  the ability to charge to your line though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, that was the only time. I did email them bunch of times but still no reply. Yup it is a british sports channel. Is there a way you guys can stop them from charging me, if it happens in the near future, Cause the number is 100% fraud!

This seems to be a recurring issue. There are similar incidents where other people were texted by the same number (5415) for different applications. 

While I can’t say whether Koodo will continually stop further charges from happening on your account, I would highly suggest you to report this to them. Schedule a callback through Koodo Assist and speak with a rep about this. https://Koo.do/Chat 

My husband Got scammed with 4.99 charged to our bill every Saturday morning. I called Koodo and the told me it was xtrem gym app which he received texts but never downloaded an app for that. They told me to write stop gym to the text, but instead he switched for a different provider. Koodo couldn’t do anything about the charges… so im afraid now this will happen to me and  i am stuck in a contract with them :(