Koodo Community
Solved

How do I dispute a long distance charge on my bill?

• 6 February 2024
  • 9 replies

I was charge $6.40 for a 8 min call to Phoenix Arizona that I did not make. How can I dispute the charge?

icon

Best answer by Brian Gancheff 7 February 2024, 00:28

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you checked your phones call log to see if someone else may have made the call on your phone or it was a call that you forget making?

What was the number in question that was called?

I’m new to this forum and process. Is Allan M another Koodo client and a staff member. 
if the latter why would the number in question be of any interest or concern?

please advise. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m new to this forum and process. Is Allan M another Koodo client and a staff member. 
if the latter why would the number in question be of any interest or concern?

please advise. 

Staff members will be denoted by an “Official Rep” tag beside their name often with a naming convention like “(Name) Koodo”.

As for asking about the number, in these sorts of situations, 9 times out of 10 we see this issue, the number belongs to a business that the customer called, thinking that it would be a toll free number but it turns out it wasn’t. As well, usually the customer doesn’t recognize the number and therefore doesn’t mind giving it out since it isn’t a personal one. Providing the number just helps us help you try to find out where it came from.

You yourself though can Google it if you are more comfortable with that and see if it brings up any businesses or people that you may have called recently.

If you still can’t recognize it after a Google search let us know and I can flag a rep for you to assist.

648 Tue Jan 30 07:13 pm 623 986-1500 OKOTOKS AB INCOMING 1:00 - - - - 0.00

649 Tue Jan 30 07:16 pm 623 986-1500 PHOENIX AZ OKOTOKS AB 8:00 - - 6.40 - 6.40

THESE ARE THE TWO CALLS THAT RESULTED IN THE CHARGE. I HAVE CAREFULLY EXAMED MY PHONE AND NEITHER APPEARS IN MY ‘RECENTS’ CALL LOG.

I HAVE ALSO EXAMED THE DAY IN QUESTION, JAN 30 AND AM ASSURED THAT I DID NOT RECEIVE NOR MAKE A CALL TO PHOENIX.

AND YET THERE APPEAR ON MY BILL AS DOES THE FEE. 

GRANTED THE FEE IS INSIGNIFICANT HOWEVER I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE INSPECT MY KOODO BILL EVERY MONTH TO DETERMINE WHEHTER ADDITIONAL CHARGES ARE APPLIED SUCH AS THIS ONE. 

SORRY, NOT SHOUTING, JUST FORGOT CAPS LOCK.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the details @Brian Gancheff 

According to the usage, there was one incoming call on that day, and right after an outgoing call.

If there was no one else who could have access to your phone, we recommend scheduling a call back with the virtual assist, so a tech agent can further investigate.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Looks like Phoenix called you first.

If you check your phone app’s call log, do you see these calls for Jan.30?

Friends called me that day using their US cellphone as they are often in Phoenix but were using it when calling from Calgary. I saw their name on the call I  missed and hit Reply and thus the charge on a long distance call I didn’t even know I was making.

Simple mistake but a real learning moment.

Thanks to all in the KOODO Community who helped me.

Best wishes, Brian

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How did you find out it was a friend’s US cellphone?  Was it in your phone’s recent call log?

We attended the funeral of a friend and that was the reason they called me and it just clicked. I asked if they called me on the 30th and they had, then we resolved it was the phone and not their location that caused the LD call.