Koodo Community
Question

fraud charges on my bill

• 20 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Have been charged 4.99 a week for a couple of months now. I Did not notice right away because of automatic billing.  

On the bill it says 1.000 event 4.99.

After some research I found texts in my spam folder that corresponds with the dates that match those charges on my bill. The spam text is from 5415 from a company called GSTORE.  I never have been to this website or agreed to the charges.

How do i get this resolved? Getting in touch with a customer representative is nearly impossible.  I'm considering going to a new cell provider.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jared1234 

It is about a third party subscription, please follow the instructions in the message to cancel it and contact the vendor to discuss the charges. 

Here 

you will find more info about how to manage third party apps. 

Never used or heard of this 3rd party app. I had to research to figure out what it was

So are you saying anyone can just enter my phone number to a 3rd party and you allow them to bill me through my phone. And i have to hope that the illegitimate company will refund the charges that were billed to my phone?

If that is the case i may need to change providers to a company more willing to protect me from fraudulent charges from a company/scam that i never heard of before.