Koodo Community
Solved

extra fee

• 10 July 2024
  • 8 replies

I am not understanding the new municipal 9-1-1 fee , I got an extra 3,00$ on top of the regular 0,52$  for the 9-1-1 . Can someone explain why is that and also, if this is going to be recurring..?  

icon

Best answer by Allan M 10 July 2024, 21:27

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

Can you take a screen shot of this and post it here? As it shouldn’t go up that much. Make sure to remove any personal information as this is a public platform. The fee per province can also be found in the link in case it makes sense for where you’re located.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/e911-and-t911

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There was an issue where some accounts weren’t getting charged a 911 fee in previous bills so the $3 is to help recoup the missed payments on previous bills.

There should either be a banner at the top of your self serve account, and/or a notification at the very bottom of your bill about this.

I have always got charged the 9-1-1 in the past . So I am not quite getting this .  Is this going to be an every month fee ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you see any notification in your bill about it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have always got charged the 9-1-1 in the past . So I am not quite getting this .  Is this going to be an every month fee ? 

Could you share a screenshot of the last couple months bills that shows you paid the 911 fee?

It was just a one time charge to help recoup the months that were missed.

Could you share a screenshot of the last couple months bills that shows you paid the 911 fee?

It was just a one time charge to help recoup the months that were missed.

I went all the way back in 2023 and I do see some bills missing the 911 fee . So this should be it , no other fee should be charged in the upcoming months if I understood it.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That’s correct 🙂as Allan mentioned this was just to gather the fees that were missed on a couple of bills due to a system error. Unless it happens again, this wont be re-occurring and your next bill should be normal 🙂👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What month and year had the missing 911 fee?

In the Koodo service terms, customers have 30 days to review and dispute.  Personally, I would think if koodo made the error over 30 days ago and caught it only many months later, the bill should also be deemed valid.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/terms/service-terms