Koodo Community
Question

ER/VC Charge

• 21 September 2022
  • 6 replies

I don’t know how this happened but I did not enabled roaming on my phone while I was in South Korea for a month. All of a sudden I get charged for 1 day roaming when I have roaming disabled on my phone and I primarily use a WiFi egg device overseas. Who do I talk to in order to dispute this charge?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @jtuyen 

Upon checking there is a call received that day (apparently a  voicemail check), that triggered the roaming charges, more details you can find on the PDF bill: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/viewing-and-downloading-your-bills

I have the same issue. I was in Europe earlier this month and got 2 consecutive days of roaming charges, due to a call made from Europe to ER/VC. What is ER/VC anyway? I did not make any phone calls using my Koodo phone as I was using my europe Sim Card. Easy Roaming, as its name stands, can easily get you roaming, even if you do not make phone calls. I turned off easy Roaming, but th I got one more charge of 1 min call due to a call made to my onw phone number. 

I am looking for alternative plans in other companies but the options are limited in Canada.

Hi @jtuyen 

Upon checking there is a call received that day (apparently a  voicemail check), that triggered the roaming charges, more details you can find on the PDF bill: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/viewing-and-downloading-your-bills

Is there anyone I can talk to about this charge? I don’t even check voicemails in general so I don’t understand why I would get charged for voicemail checking.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @jtuyen 

We have sent you a PM with more details

@wjw3723 

Typically, using voicemail shows as a call to your number. Are the calls showing up also in the call logs on your phone? 

I have 2 days of roaming charged to my bill, also, while I am in the US. (Sept. 27 & Sept.29th) My data was turned off before I even reached the border. I made no calls from my Koodo phone. Can u explain what ER/VC is?

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @LoriJLSJB 

We couldn’t identify your account, please use the “Log in via self serve” option in the community login page and let us know once done.