Koodo Community
Solved

Double charged for addon?

I added an addon for unlimited talk last month and then removed it. I then added it again in the same month. Checking my bill I see this

Partial charges
Unlimited Anytime Minutes (Dec 22 To Jan
07)
$10.67
07)
$10.67
07)
-$10.67
Total partial charges .................................................................................$10.67
Monthly and other charges (Jan 08 to Feb 07)
CAN Talk & text 200min $29 $29.00
5pm Evenings & Weekends
Additional data $5/50MB
Unlimited SMS and MMS
EPP 25% Discount -$7.25
Total monthly and other charges ..............................................................$21.75
Add-ons (Jan 08 to Feb 07)
EPP 25% Discount -$5.00
EPP 25% Discount -$2.67
Unlimited Anytime Minutes $20.00
Total add-ons ...........................................................................................$12.33

I see the partial chage and the full $20 addon charge. What is going on? PS I want only wanted the addon for that month but I was too scared to remove it. I am going to remove it this cycle and will probably have to pay full price again. I am going to switch off of koodo because its too difficult to figure out how to use these things.

icon

Best answer by rikkster 10 January 2022, 22:51

View original

12 replies

Just removed it this month to see the following:

Adjustments (January 10, 2022 - February 07, 2022)

Removed add-on (-$18.00) Unlimited Anytime Minutes

Badge +4

It seems that the partial charges check out okay. What I think happened is that when you added the Unlimited Anytime Minutes add-on a second time, you were billed the full amount because the add-on was added closer to your bill start date and had not been removed until now. It looks like you’ve been credited for this in the amount of -$18.

Have you taken a look at some of Koodo’s current rate plan offerings?

Koodo’s $25 plan gives you unlimited Canada-wide minutes (with pay-per-use data). This might save you a few dollars versus buying/removing add-on minutes. 

https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Plans

@rikkster I was credited $18 because I only used $2 worth for the period from Jan 10 to Feb 07. That doesn’t explain how they charged me $23 for the first month for an addon that is supposed to cost $20.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@rikksterI was credited $18 because I only used $2 worth for the period from Jan 10 to Feb 07. That doesn’t explain how they charged me $23 for the first month for an addon that is supposed to cost $20.

That's because you added it and removed it, the added it again. That messes up proration.  This is why only 1 plan change is allowed per billing period.

Let me flag this to a rep for you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Partial charge us for Dec 22 To Jan 07.

Full $20 is for Jan 08 to Feb 07.

You are always pay your service ( and Add- on) in advance. And you removed your Add-on on Jan 10, that's why you got $18 credit back.

Badge +4

Add-ons can be switched out but the best practice is to do this when your plan is about to renew. This way there will be less likelihood of running into a proration problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @Cromius! You were charged $10.67 for Dec 22 to Jan 07 + the full $20 for the month in advance Jan 08 to Feb 07 (which is normal for a postpaid service). On your next bill, you’ll receive the refund for the unused period Jan 10 - Feb 07. 

As @rikkster mentioned above, if you think that a plan with unlimited minutes would better suit your needs now, make sure to check out our current $25 plan on koodo.com/plans, which offers more services and is more affordable than your current plan. 

Hello @Cromius! You were charged $10.67 for Dec 22 to Jan 07 + the full $20 for the month in advance Jan 08 to Feb 07 (which is normal for a postpaid service). On your next bill, you’ll receive the refund for the unused period Jan 10 - Feb 07. 

As @rikkster mentioned above, if you think that a plan with unlimited minutes would better suit your needs now, make sure to check out our current $25 plan on koodo.com/plans, which offers more services and is more affordable than your current plan. 

@Lavinia Koodo Why does changing to this plan require that koodo ship me a new SIM card?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Lavinia KoodoWhy does changing to this plan require that koodo ship me a new SIM card?

Did you login to your self serve and try to change your plan?

If they ask you to send you a SIM, you are likely trying to add a line?

Login > Self serve > my mobile service > you will see your current plan. Then change plan > pick a plan you want.

@Lavinia KoodoWhy does changing to this plan require that koodo ship me a new SIM card?

Did you login to your self serve and try to change your plan?

If they ask you to send you a SIM, you are likely trying to add a line?

Login > Self serve > my mobile service > you will see your current plan. Then change plan > pick a plan you want.

@Mayumi I can’t see the $25 unlimited talk and text from that page.

The $25 plan no longer appears for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Cromius we’ll be sending you a private message to assist you further.