Koodo Community
Question

Data Overcharge

My current phone plan provides 12 GB of Shock-free data. On April 26 (my billing period was April 6-May5) I received the auto text to my phone that I was at the 50% mark. But no more notifications after that (usually there’s another one when you reach the 90% mark) after that. Today I get my bill and I see I’ve been charged $13 for additional data. I never added this myself and my understanding is that the whole point of shock-free data is that it stops data once you reach your limit, so how am I being charged for this?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you check your data alert setting?

It should looks like this.

I have 4G of data on my plan. I got my bill that says that from April 10 - May 9 I have 476.2247MB OF DATA & SMS. I don’t understand what this charge is?  Whhow can this be over my 4 GB when I am being charged right away at the beginning of the month?  Can someone please help me understand what this is please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have 4G of data on my plan. I got my bill that says that from April 10 - May 9 I have 476.2247MB OF DATA & SMS. I don’t understand what this charge is?  Whhow can this be over my 4 GB when I am being charged right away at the beginning of the month?  Can someone please help me understand what this is please?

When you login to self serve, download the detailed. Pdf ebill. What does it say the charge is for on page 3 or 4?