Koodo Community
Question

charged for easy roam

• 10 July 2024
  • 5 replies

I was recently charged 14.90$ for easy roam but I was not in the states just in cobourg Ontario 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

you can check why you were charged through your self serve. If you follow the steps in the article, can you see where the usage was that caused the charge? Did you recently go to the US or near the border?

I was probably 20 or 30 kilometres from the border😂 just trying to figure out how to get the charges off

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ah ok, in that case your phone may of just accidentally connected to a US tower if the one in your area got to busy. If a mobile master sees your post, they can flag a rep who would look into the charge and they will respond here. To prevent this from possibly happening in the future, check out the tips in this article, especially under turning off roaming and manually setting Koodo for your network. They check this frequently so it shouldn’t take long for them to reach out 🙂👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me flag a rep for you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mike Holdsworth 

We have reviewed the details and we have been able to remove the roaming charge since it was triggered due to accidental data roaming, feel free to check the details in your self serve account when you get the chance.

Please follow the steps in the article shared above by @Oliver C to prevent accidental roaming.