Koodo Community
Question

Charged easyroam when I never left Canada

Good morning,

On my last bill, I was charged for Easy Roam but I never left Canada. I was in Victoria, British Columbia and went to Dallas Beach when my bill says I entered the United States. There is no way to cross the border there because I was on Vancouver Island, which is surrounded by water!

What steps can I go through to get this incorrect charge credited back to my account. I can't find any information on how to contact Koodo by phone so I am posting on this forum.

Thank you!

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What date was the roaming charge?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@daynafleming this is not uncommon for people in the lower parts of Vancouver Island, because “as the crow flies”, you’re actually as close or closer to US carrier towers as you are to Canadian ones.  To avoid this from happening in the future, go into the network/SIM settings in your phone and turn OFF automatic network selection, and instead manually select the Koodo network.  This will keep you phone from drifting to a US tower if it happens to have a stronger signal available.  Just remember that if you travel outside of Canada and want to be able to roam, to set things back to automatic for the duration of your trip or you will get no cellular service.

My bill says my roaming was on May 2nd, 2023 at 2:58 pm, which was the day I was at the beach in Victoria, BC.

Thanks for the information @srlawren ! How can I go about reversing this charge, since I never left Canada?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

For that, I think you need to schedule a callback through Koodo customer support.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We can also flag a rep for you, if that’s more convenient. Your choice :)

@Sophia , thank you but I ended up figuring out how to schedule a callback and was able to talk to a rep. Thanks for your help!

If anyone with a similar question is reading this on the forum, the way to schedule a callback agent is to go use Koodo Assist at koodomobile.com/chat and type in "customer service representative"