I was charged data roaming on June 9th while in Canada 

icon

Best answer by Goran 20 June 2024, 02:19

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

did this charge show up on your most recent bill or has the bill yet to come out for this charge? 

It was on my bill that I just received 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ah ok, this happens quite often. If a mobile master sees this post, they will flag a rep for you. That or if one sees it, they will respond as I have. A tip though to stop this from happening from the future would be to turn off roaming and manually select Koodo in your network settings. More can be found here 🙂 https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/understanding-how-youll-be-charged-while-travelling#

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I've flagged a rep to assist.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @Dawna27 

Sometimes the device is going to catch the network on the other side. 

It's a world-wide situation, since the device settings are set to automatically search for the strongest signal.

You can change that in the settings of the device and set it to Manual selection, after it's done searching, you select Koodo and it stays connected to Koodo, even near the border.
I would also advise to keep Data Roaming off while in Canada. This will avoid any accidental charges.

We have a great help page here.

We verified the day of the charge and confirmed accidental. A credit of $14 was applied for the charges and it will update within 3-5 minutes in the overview section of the Self Serve account. 

Hello, i was told to reach out when the June bill was posted. I was in an area where roaming charges were applied but I was still in canada. I've updated my phone settings to avoid this again. This was at the end of may beginning of June so there was overlap and a rep was unable to reverse the other charges. It would be for May 31, June 1, June 8&9th. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me flag a rep for you @Islandsarah 

Userlevel 1

HI @Islandsarah ,

We have reviewed the details and we have been able to remove the roaming charges since they were triggered due to accidental data roaming, feel free to check the details in your self serve account when you get the chance.

We recommend switching data roaming off and also switch to manual network and select Koodo, this would prevent the connection to a US tower when near the border.

For more info about how to prevent accidental roaming charges, please check out this article https://community.koodomobile.com/plans-services-232910/easy-roam-understanding-how-you-will-be-charged-while-traveling-7811296

I was charged roaming charges, when still in Canada. Close to shore in Lake Erie.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Wawarch 

We have reviewed the details and we have been able to remove the roaming charges since they were triggered due to accidental data roaming, feel free to check the details in your self serve account when you get the chance.

Please check out the link above for more info about how to prevent accidental roaming.