Koodo Community

Billing Woes - Seeking Advice and Shared Experiences

• 4 February 2024
  • 6 replies

I've been facing a bit of a head-scratcher with my Koodo billing, and I'm curious to know if anyone else has encountered a similar situation. Perhaps some of you have even navigated the waters of CCTS or CRTC to resolve your issues.

Here's the lowdown on my predicament:

Before 2020, my plan didn't include data, and I had a $5 add-on to block internet usage. In 2020, I decided to upgrade my plan to include 2GB of data. However, Koodo has continued to charge me the $5 fee, even though the add-on isn't listed in my agreement. To make matters worse, after canceling the add-on, they hit me with a $1.67 charge for cancellation.

When I requested a refund or credit, the phone agent mentioned he couldn't process it. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and after a 20-minute hold, he promised to call me back right away. Instead, I got a missed call for literally one second.

I'm feeling a bit lost here and wondering if anyone has gone through a similar ordeal. Has anyone successfully dealt with CCTS or CRTC to resolve billing discrepancies with Koodo?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

"2020, I decided to upgrade my plan to include 2GB of data."

How did you upgrade your plan? Through your self serve? And did you remove data add-on and received a confirmation email?

"after canceling the add-on, they hit me with a $1.67 charge for cancellation."

This is a bit t confusing... So it finally got removed. The charge might be a pro-rated.  When you received a bill, did you download the PDF EBill to see what the $1.67 charge was for?

I upgraded in person at Walmart.

They canceled it today and this is what it says im the billing 

Reason

Rate Plan Adjustment

Amount

$1.67

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I upgraded in person at Walmart.

They canceled it today and this is what it says im the billing 

Reason

Rate Plan Adjustment

Amount

$1.67

What plan do you have now?

Did you change your plan again today?

Or they finally helped you to cancel data add-on? If so, it is likely proration charge. It means you partially used the service( add-on). After the cancellation, no more add-on charge. So it is not a chancel charge.

Also, please download your PDF EBill. You will see all the detailed information of charges.

If you think it doesn't make sense, post the screenshot without personal information. We can explain about it.

The problem is I didn’t ask for that ad on for the new plan. I upgraded to get data, why would I add internet block ad ons? And it’s not mentioned in the agreement!

I didn’t change my plan yet, its the $45 plan with 2gb data. I was waiting for the call from the manager.

Thinking to cancel and take this up with CCTS or CRTC, have you experienced working with them?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The problem is I didn’t ask for that ad on for the new plan. I upgraded to get data, why would I add internet block ad ons? And it’s not mentioned in the agreement!

I didn’t change my plan yet, its the $45 plan with 2gb data. I was waiting for the call from the manager.

Thinking to cancel and take this up with CCTS or CRTC, have you experienced working with them?

So you were not able to use your data for the past 4 years? It will be difficult to take this up with CCTS, especially when you had a reasonable amount of time to get this sorted out. They may be able to credit you back for the past 30 days, but I am not so sure about the rest.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @johnjahan57 

We have just sent you a PM, so we can further assist, please check out the inbox section on your community profile when you get the chance.