Koodo Community
Solved

Billed for US roaming but I did not leave Canada - How do I get my bill corrected?

• 22 February 2023
  • 9 replies

I was charged for US roaming while travelling from Nelson, BC to Kelowna, BC. The highway is close to the US border, so Koodo has incorrectly charged me for 2 days of roaming, despite me never using these services and staying within Canada. How do I request that Koodo correct my bill by removing the roaming charge? Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Boa_Guy Koodo 22 February 2023, 15:52

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me flag a rep to look into it. If the roaming was accidental, they will refund the fee for you.

You could also try to avoid it by disable automatic carrier selection in the settings and manually select Koodo.

Thank you for flagging a rep! And yes, will be doing that moving forward. Cheers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @T_Dawg ! 

We have looked into your account, and we could clearly see that you never left the country. We have credited your account, you can see the updated amount in your Self-serve! 

Please follow @Dinh instructions, so you don’t run into these issues in the future. :)

Cheers, 

Thanks so much @Boa_Guy Koodo 

Hello, i just had the same issue, didnt leave van island but got charged for it on my recent bill

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello, i just had the same issue, didnt leave van island but got charged for it on my recent bill

What does the charge say when you log into your self serve and download your detailed pdf ebill? 

It shows “Easy Roam“ for $48

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It shows “Easy Roam“ for $48

Ok let me flag a rep for you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @OrbitalDrop 

Upon checking we can see that the Easy Roam charges were incurred due to accidental data usage, therefore, we were able to adjust the bill.

Please check the article here 

to find out more about how to avoid accidental roaming when close to the border.