Koodo Community
Question

Bill increased without notice, callback hang up without talking

I noticed an increase of bill after being over changed for more than 1 year.

A callback was scheduled at 4:00PM.

I did receive a call. But when I picked it up, I only heard an AI voice - “all our agents are currently busy” then the AI hanged up. It was very rude.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What exactly were you overcharged for? How did your bill increase?

What exactly were you overcharged for? How did your bill increase?

LD charge. An add-on which is supposed to be free but has been charged for a long time. I need to talk to an agent to figure out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

after a while a lot of the “free” add ons from koodo tend to no longer be free. If you download your PDF bills through self serve and find where the charges began, a month or two before that bill there would be a notice that the add on is no longer free on one of the bill pages. I suggest you do this before chatting with a rep, you can also just remove the add on if you don’t use it by following the steps in the link 👍

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/changing-your-add-ons

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo increases prices of add-ons (especially the $0 1000min Long Distance add-on).

It if typically free and then it gets increased to $3/month.  Before the the increase, they will notify you in your detailed pdf ebill regarding the price increase.

Based on past experiences seen here in the community, Koodo will not remove those past charges (besides you can only argue charges within 30 days).  Your options would be to accept the new cost of the add-on or login to your self serve and remove the add-on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Shawn1231 

We see that you managed to speak to a rep a few days ago regarding the increase.

Please check the PDF bill details in self serve for more details.

The price increase was announced on your May and April bills https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/viewing-and-downloading-your-bills

Hi @Shawn1231 

We see that you managed to speak to a rep a few days ago regarding the increase.

Please check the PDF bill details in self serve for more details.

The price increase was announced on your May and April bills https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/viewing-and-downloading-your-bills

A few days ago my wife talked to a rep. She asked the rep if she can pass the phone to me because I understanding the bills better than her, the rep rejected.

Today I myself scheduled a call, trying to clarify the billing issue. But “all reps are currently busy”. I simply want to know from which day the LD started to charge, then make sure we had the promised “free” period as agreed when we joined koodoo. I appreciate if you can schedule a call with me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That is simple.  If you login to your self serve, you can download your detailed PDF ebills for the last 3 months and you can seethe price increase notification and when the price increase happened