Koodo Community
Solved

1000 events

• 9 January 2022
  • 3 replies

I recently got my latest bill from koodo.  About halfway furlough the month there was a charge '1000 events'  for $14.98  

Does this mean I had over 1000 text/sms/mms messages in the year?  I though I had unlimited.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Dinh 9 January 2022, 04:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Your Koodo plan should have unlimited text. From your description, it was likely something called “third party billing” with Koodo. It could be a service, purchase etc. that you did via your phone. I suggest you download the page 3 of the pdf bill and go through the detail and see if there was a number or service attached with those. 

You could also type in the forum search box “application store purchase” to find more. There might be similar cases in the forum. 

Thanks, apparently it DID say '1.0000 events' and on the bill it says 'In App Purchase'.  Is there any way to find out where it's from?  I seem to remember clicking an ad and getting a text message which said something about $14.99 but I must've deleted the text because I cannot find it.  There is no way to recover deleted texts right?

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks, apparently it DID say '1.0000 events' and on the bill it says 'In App Purchase'.  Is there any way to find out where it's from?  I seem to remember clicking an ad and getting a text message which said something about $14.99 but I must've deleted the text because I cannot find it.  There is no way to recover deleted texts right?

Thanks for your help.

Which phone are you using? if you are using Message app, you can try to look into the archive and see if it was there.

Anyway, I suggest you contact Koodo rep and ask them to look into it. If you don’t, next month, there is a chance you might be charged again.