Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Wrong period charged

On April 2nd I got a koodo mobile sim card with a plan of CAN Data 1GB Unltd min $60. I'm going to be in the country until April 24th and now I'm getting a bill of $76,51 for the period of March 10th to April 10th, how can I be getting charged from March 10th when I got the plan on April 2nd?? I will only pay for one month of service since I will be using less than that in total. Please correct this issue ASAP. Thanks

5 replies

Your billing cycle ends on the 10th day of each month. Your first bill includes a prorated charge for April 2 - April 10 and then a full billing cycle for April 10 - March 10. If you cancel your Koodo line before March 10, your account will be credited for the remaining days between the day you cancel and March 10. http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/charges-explained/charges-on-your-first-bill
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hellothere wrote:

Your billing cycle ends on the 10th day of each month. Your first bill includes a prorated charg...

I believe the above poster meant May 10, not March 10. You are billed a month and 8 days on your first statement.
Userlevel 7
Hi Pame, When you set-up a new Koodo account your first bill will typically be higher than what your regular bill will cost. The reason behind this is that if you start in the middle of a billing period, they will only be able to send you a bill for it at the end of the next period. If your billing period ends on the 10th and you got the phone on the 2nd, there is a 8 day gap which will be covered on the next bill. If you have any other questions regarding billing, you should contact Koodo directly using *611 from your mobile device to speak to a representative who can access your account and explain everything for you! None of us here are able to access your account. Hope this helps!
hey, how can I pay with a non-canadian cc?
Userlevel 7
Pame Prosperi wrote:

hey, how can I pay with a non-canadian cc?

http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/i-want-to-pay-my-bill-with-a-non-canadian-credit-card-is-this-possible