Koodo Community
Question

Wrong name on account; will not accept credit card payment

• 14 September 2020
  • 5 replies

I tried to pay my two bills and it is now saying that my card info does not “match,” but I am not sure why. It also seems that my first name was spelled incorrectly when I set up my Koodo account nearly two months ago. Could this be related to my name being spelled incorrectly? I need to pay my bills to avoid late fees and/or disconnection, and I thought I had pre-authorized payments already set up. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@William RC  I see the incorrect spelling. It has now been corrected. And yes, it could have been the source of the issue as credit card info has to match billing info we have. 

Userlevel 7

Yes it is probably the reason. There is a higher sensitivity to any indication of credit card fraud, resulting in additional verification. Talk to koodo via callback, explain the situation and ask them to help fix the misspelling. 

Badge +4

Yes it is probably the reason. There is a higher sensitivity to any indication of credit card fraud, resulting in additional verification. Talk to koodo via callback, explain the situation and ask them to help fix the misspelling. 

The incorrect spelling has already been corrected.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You could also dial 611 from your Koodo number and choose the option 3 to pay if the selfserve still have issues. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@William RC If paying online is not successful pls try the payment through the automated telephone service by dialing *611.