Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Wrong Name

On my Koodo account it has my wife's name listed. She has nothing to do with my account and I don't know why her name is there. How do I get this changed back to my name?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Kelly, You will need to call Koodo and explain the situation to them. Typically to transfer an account into the name of a new person, it will cost 10$.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Kelly, You will need to call Koodo and explain the situation to them. Typically to transfer a...

Thanks, but I don't understand why it would cost $10? I logged onto my account one day and it's her name instead of mine.
Userlevel 5
Did you recently add your wife to your account?
5s wrote:

We each have our own account. One day I just logged on and noticed that it was her name instead of mine.
Userlevel 7
5s wrote:

Are you sure you logged into your account and not her's by mistake?
5s wrote:

Yep. It's her name, my cell number. There is no sign of her cell number on my account 
Userlevel 7
5s wrote:

Well typically a name can't just appear as account holder. Especially since you need to get the credit check done and provide some identification. Give Koodo a call, they can take a look at it and see what's up and guide you from there.
5s wrote:

I thought it was strange too. I don't know how or why. I'll stop into the store and talk to them. Thanks for your help.
Userlevel 7
5s wrote:

Usually these things can only be done over the phone and not at store level.