Koodo Community
Question

wrong billing and lying sales rep

• 14 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi there,

I am having problem with my koodos service, account number: xxx

I was met with a door to door sales rep, and agreed on a plan of $50/9gb. And the same day of my SIM card activation, I saw a Koodos offer of $40/9gb. I asked my sales rep whether he can honour the deal. After some back and forth, the sales rep said he contacted the Telus regional, and agreed to honour the deal. He has left my name and account number with the regional of my case.

A few months in, looking at my current billing, it has not been adjusted. I have called him several times to ask for adjustment but he still fails to deliver upon empty promises.

I have tried calling Koodos, but they it is out of their hands because the sales rep is a 3rd party vendor, not directly linked with koodos. She cannot contact my sales rep. She cannot find the sale rep’s company. She could not find any current plans to match the offer I was given.

I have asked for further escalation but the customer service said she is the highest level. I have asked for an email address so I may attach all the Screenshot evidence I have with the former Sales Rep about my agreement with Koodos, the customer service rep said she cannot provide me any email address due to privacy policies. 

I have not paid my billing yet as this is not the agreed rate I have agreed upon.

What is my next step? I have googled, and there is no information about legal department either. 

A few days upon signing with the Sales rep, I noticed on koodo’s website there was a $30 plan.  I referred my mother to him. Upon porting her number over, I see her plan was at $35. I messaged the sales rep about his, he said he will call in. I asked him several days later about the change, he ghosted me. And I would assume he completed it. 1st month into the billing, my mother asked me about the overcharges, and upon quick google, koodos said 1st month is usually more but 2nd billing will be lower. This was not the case. 

2nd billing rolled around and she was still overcharge. Upon checking her account, it is still rated at $35/month. 

I feel defeated… what is there to do to escalate this matter.

The sales rep incentive to refer new customers to Koodo was that every referral I would receive a $50 amazon gift card via email. I still have not received any gift card. But this matter is so miniscule compared to the matter above. Of course, I have asked the sales rep, but again, nothing.

Note* 

I have all the screenshot of my correspondence with the sales rep, and I feel this would solidify my case, but Koodo has not given me any outlet to provide my case. I have googled for Koodo Legal Department but there isn’t any information given.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

1 : Where this door to door sales rep come from? Telus, Koodo or 3rd party?  You mentioned that Koodo confirmed it was from 3rd party sales rep.  Do you have any document that identified this person  -  his name, which company he is working for… etc?  Is there contact info to his company? 

2 : The $30 plan is data only plan. If your mother make/receive calls, then she get charged by pay per minute rate for all the calls. It could be really expensive. Same with text message. Every text she send will cost her  $0.60/text. (It means $6 for 10 text messages...). It also cost her a lot.  $35 plan has no data, but including unlimited calls and texts. It might be better for her?

3 :  Koodo’s Refer a friend program give you $25  bill credit ( or $50 if there was a promo).  If the door to door sales rep promised you a gift card, then I believe he is definitely coming from 3rd party.  You need to contact his company about gift card.

Can you find the contact information to the rep or his company from your document ?  I can flag this to Koodo rep since someone was using Koodo’s name.  They might be able to suggest next steps.

1. I am not sure about his company. He gave me his business card, but I have already discarded it. I still have his phone number, not sure if it is appropriate to leave it here. 
  2. I have sort of dealt with this via phone call with Koodo’s rep today. I will consider this resolved.
  3. Is there any way to for me to find his company? Since he signed me on, would he have his employee number/info if Koodo look it up? I doubt he would give me any information if I contact him, since he has been ghosting me already.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
  1. I am not sure about his company. He gave me his business card, but I have already discarded it. I still have his phone number, not sure if it is appropriate to leave it here. 
  2. I have sort of dealt with this via phone call with Koodo’s rep today. I will consider this resolved.
  3. Is there any way to for me to find his company? Since he signed me on, would he have his employee number/info if Koodo look it up? I doubt he would give me any information if I contact him, since he has been ghosting me already.

You discard his business card already? Do you remember what was sound like?  Can you call him back and ask for his company name?

If he is from 3rd party or if he just pretended to be an authorized vender…  You mentioned that “he has been ghosting me already.“ is suspicious already for me.  But
If you are in contact with Koodo rep, yes I hope this will resolve at the end.

“You discard his business card already?” 

• It has been about 3 months since. I didn’t think I would need it due to having problems such as this.

“ Do you remember what was sound like?’

• No, but a koodo rep yesterday tried to help find out for me. The company she found is called LTS ((604) 444-1272). I searched for their website it says they are an audio and lighting company, so I thought it was the wrong info. Or is this company an authorized vender?

“If you are in contact with Koodo rep, yes I hope this will resolve at the end.”

• I talked to a rep yesterday and scheduled a callback for a plan she offered, but she never called back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

“You discard his business card already?” 

• It has been about 3 months since. I didn’t think I would need it due to having problems such as this.

“ Do you remember what was sound like?’

• No, but a koodo rep yesterday tried to help find out for me. The company she found is called LTS ((604) 444-1272). I searched for their website it says they are an audio and lighting company, so I thought it was the wrong info. Or is this company an authorized vender?

“If you are in contact with Koodo rep, yes I hope this will resolve at the end.”

• I talked to a rep yesterday and scheduled a callback for a plan she offered, but she never called back.

The rep you talked yesterday set up call back for today?  Maybe they are still investigating what was happened?  I would wait if they call you back  tomorrow. 

If not, try set up call back again.  If yesterday's rep was able to found out the company you sign up through, then they should put some memo about your situation on your account.   

I hope you get a plan she offered.  Also, hopefully Koodo start investigate about this company if they are aware about this activity. If the company was their authorized vender, then they should train them better.