Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Wrong bill

I have been charged for the for my calls even when I had free airtime minutes left. Where should I complain about this?

14 replies

Userlevel 1
You would have to call into Customer Care using *611 on your cell. They are the only ones able to look up your account info and help you with understanding where the charges are from. Rest assured that calling *611 from your cell phone does not use any airtime minutes from your allotment.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also if you check your e-bill , it will show you where the charges are from.
Userlevel 6
Before you call, make sure you understand your bill. Most people misread their bill when in reality there is nothing wrong with it. You can just post the 3rd page of your bill here (minus your personals) and we can likely tell you if it's an error or not.
I actually switched to a the new plan this month. All the call that i made after the plan change have been charged even though I had my airtime minutes left in the old plan id they billed according to that. I had double the airtime minutes in the new plan as well. I don't know what have they billed me according to.
Userlevel 7
I think you just made a common mistake amoung people who switch plans. When you switch plans, you lose any minutes you have not used. Also, if you used most of your minutes and then changed your plan 5 days after your cycle, you will be charged extra. A few things that could have happened/did happen Example: Billing date is April 1st FOR EXAMPLE: You have 100 minutes, if you change your plan on April 10th, you only have 33 minutes you can actually use because of proration. If you used 50 minutes and changed plans on April 10th, you will be charged for the 17 minutes as you did not pay for these. ON THE NEW PLAN: Minutes are ALSO prorated. So if your new plan has 200 minutes, with 20 days left, you only have 133 minutes to use. If you go over, you're charged per minute. You need to look at how many minutes you used before you changed your plan in comparison to how many minutes you actually had to use because of proration. And then you also need to look at your new plan to see if you didn't go over those prorated minutes, since you don't have access to the full minutes until your next billing cycle.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Oh, so it's prorated. You will get your time prorated If you change your plan middle of the billing cycle Say if you had 200minutes in your previous plan and you changed it 15th day. you have 6.66/day minutes ( 200/ 30days) x 15days = 100 minutes. If you already used more than that amount, you will get charged for overages.
Userlevel 7
Mayumi wrote:

Oh, so it's prorated. You will get your time prorated If you change your plan middle of the bill...

That's correct!
Userlevel 7
thats's your account information,this is a public forum. remember to blur the personal stuff before you post your bill.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How can I remove my previous post?
Userlevel 5
Preetleen Upneja wrote:

How can I remove my previous post?

Thanks for visiting our Community Preetleen, your previous post with personal information has been removed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can not unfortunately. I'll ask someone to remove your post! Is everything okay right now? You understood your extra charge came from where?
yes thank you...:)
Userlevel 6
Preetleen Upneja wrote:

yes thank you...:)

I'm glad it all worked out. I suspected the there was no incorrect billing rather a misunderstanding how to read your bill. At least you didn't have to waste time calling. 🙂