Koodo Community

Worst Customer Service

• 13 August 2019
  • 9 replies

My account was hacked over a month ago. Some with someone, they said they reversed and fixed everything. 2 weeks later, had no access to the account again. Customer service rep treated me like I was the one hacking the account, even called my husband to verify I was who I said I was, then gave me no information and just said that a team was working on it and that they would contact me shortly. Here we are another 2 weeks later, haven't heard from anyone. I called yesterday and someone reset the account again. Now I have a bill telling me to pay off my tabs, with excess charges on them from what I can only assume is the person who hacked it a month ago. The customer service rep I spoke with today told me there's nothing they can do about it, that I just need to pay it. Said I can change providers if I want, but I have to pay it by September to "keep your credit rating". Rudest and lowest helpful rep I have ever spoken to. Shopping for a new provider now as I can't even get through on the phone to escalate the problem to a manager without waiting on hold for an hour.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Let me flag this to a rep for you
Userlevel 4
I checked out the details on your account and I've seen that the Fraud team needed to wait for the bill to be out before reversing the tab pay offs. As the bill has just been calculated, I was able to get in touch with the Fraud rep who treated this case and they confirmed that the changes will be applied starting with tomorrow, so that your tabs be reversed to monthly payments as they were before. I'll follow-up on it as well.

I understand that at this point you still don't have access to your self-serve. If this is the case, I invite you to messages us in private on Facebook or Twitter so we can better assist with your self-serve reset.
So why have I not heard from the fraud team in the last month to let me know what's going on? And why did the rep I spoke with yesterday basically threaten my credit rating if I didn't just pay the full amount, or pay it all on the 3 payment plan he said the "department" he spoke with could set up over the next month? If the fraud team was waiting, who did the rep speak with yesterday that said there was no way to change it? The lack of communication, even within the company, is infuriating. What about the extra $22 data charge that is on the account that I was told "you have to pay that because we can't reverse data charges"? And the fact that my tab charges went up to $34 each per month from the $15 that they have always been. He didn't even listen to me when I brought that up. Just said the amount needs to be paid and if I want to switch providers that that's fine.
Userlevel 4
The rep you spoke to yesterday has contacted the Payment Management department in an attempt to have the tab balance reversed, however it appears there was a misunderstanding. To begin with, your bill takes about 3 working days to be ready after the end of your billing cycle, and in my opinion, the rep did not have all the details yesterday. Your due date is in September but there's no danger for a credit report yet. For a better understanding of the situation, I have sent your feedback to the rep's Manager who will review it with him.

When the Fraud team needs to handled it, they are the ones who need to make the necessary adjustments but we cannot get to them via phone. They can be contacted via form submission, however a previous rep had already advised at the end of July that the case is under investigation. The Fraud rep I chatted with informed me that there is a certain prime in their department who handles the changes to your account but he was out of office and will be back tomorrow. Allow me to follow-up tomorrow with the Fraud team, after the adjustments are made, as we cannot discuss specific details on the Community, and I assure you that we'll fix it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Manu Koodo is there a link to the form submission?
Userlevel 4
@Dennis No. I have to clarify on that. It's a form that is only submitted by a rep.
Userlevel 3
Wow I would be infuriated with how this was handled.
Userlevel 4
@A.Ross The adjustments were made. I see you received several emails in this regard. This might be confusing for you and it's totally understandable given the situation the account was in. You can compare your current account balance to your regular May bill, taking into consideration that your bill had already been adjusted as you can see on page 2 of the August bill. There is another follow up to be made for the September bill in case of any further charges to be adjusted. If you need to review more specific details, please message us in private on Facebook or Twitter.
Userlevel 1
Wow I would be infuriated with how this was handled.
You think they care? "They" the big 3 control the market so all the power is in there hands, its another reason why they do the things they do.