Koodo Community

Wording Change: "Unlock Phone" to "Get Unlock Code"

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
In self serve it needs to be made clear that when you pay to unlock your phone, the act of paying doesn't actually do anything but generate your unlock code and there WILL be additional steps you need to take. Two people this week we're surprised that the unlock service they paid for had not unlocked their phones.

12 replies

Userlevel 6
This is a good idea, but the only way to get an unlock code is by calling Koodo anyway. The agent that processes the request should be able to inform the customer of the actual steps before applying the unlock fee.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Curtules wrote:

This is a good idea, but the only way to get an unlock code is by calling Koodo anyway. The agent...

Ah okay. I've never purchased through self serve only through phone calls.
Userlevel 6
Curtules wrote:

This is a good idea, but the only way to get an unlock code is by calling Koodo anyway. The agent...

@Curtules, that is incorrect! You can get a code online from koodo for all phones except iPhone. I did it.
Userlevel 6
Curtules wrote:

Snap! Since when? I was never informed of this feature.
Userlevel 6
Curtules wrote:

For a long time now. I never understood how people working for koodo are not as familiar with how their own systems work. I would have thought all reps would have a koodo phone and therefore an account to use online so they can see exactly how things work.
Curtules wrote:

I'm possibly in the wrong place but here goes lol, you can't unblock a contract phone anymore can you?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Curtules wrote:

Yes you can as long as you meet some criteria: You need to be a customer for at least 90 days with no late payments.
Curtules wrote:

My mum brought a phone from a man on the market at Christmas time (7 months ago) and it has just recently stopped working... She has rang T-Mobile and they're saying that the phone is blacklisted as stolen and cannot be unblocked! Is there any way around this as my mum has lost out on money which doesn't seem fair.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Curtules wrote:

It's also not fair that someone stole the phone from someone else. There is no way around a blacklisted phone. Contact tmobile and let them know you have the phone, they may be able to contact the previous owner whom has no doubt replaced their phone by now. Maybe they won't want their phone back. Idk but worth a try.
Userlevel 6
@ Chad Excellent idea. Half the time the trouble is with how companies word things. I can totally see how people misinterpret the current copy.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

@ Chad Excellent idea. Half the time the trouble is with how companies word things. I can totally...

Since the spammer revived this, I thought it prudent to add that the suggested phrasing change doesn't work with iPhones as they're not unlocked by code but rather via an iTunes recovery.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Reeema wrote:

Not all the Phone unlock sites are completely bogus . I suggest to look around for a website with...

SPAM!