Koodo Community
Solved

Wireless Home Phone - New Customer Cost

• 26 February 2021
  • 8 replies

Hello!

I currently have a home line with Bell. I am interested in transferring this home number to Koodo to use the Wireless Home Phone. My questions are as followed:

- Would the total cost for a year (first 12 months) be: $125 for the Hub + $5/month?

- Is there a fee to transfer the number?

- Finally, do I need to be a Koodo customer? I don’t have services with Koodo as of now.

Thank you for your help!

icon

Best answer by Allan M 26 February 2021, 17:58

You can choose to either buy the hub outright at $125 OR pay for it on a tab monthly at $5/month for 2 years.

No fee to transfer the number. You can do that yourself through your selfserve account.

You don't need to be a koodo customer. Anyone can get it!

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can choose to either buy the hub outright at $125 OR pay for it on a tab monthly at $5/month for 2 years.

No fee to transfer the number. You can do that yourself through your selfserve account.

You don't need to be a koodo customer. Anyone can get it!

Thank you for the reply.

I see and the $45 is waived if you purchase this hub online?

Sounds great!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes. Activation fee is waived online.

Userlevel 1

I highly recommend the Koodo home phone. I’ve been with it for 3-4 years now, and it has saved me a bundle… even after the first “promo” year. My only minor complaint is that you can’t take your time while dialling, or it won’t go through. Make sure you have the digits written in front of you so you don’t have to redial.

On Feb 13, 2021, I signed up a self serve agreement with Koodo for a wireless home phone (Canada wide). According to my contract, my service plan says in the first 12 months of the agreement I would pay only $5.00 per month. Then why am I charged $26.33 (tax included) for my next bill due April 12, 2021? I would appreciate it if you could explain this discrepancy. Also, whatever the reason is, that should have been included in the agreement. As I understand, after 12 months I would need to pay $20.00 per month plus tax. NOT NOW. Can anybody from Koodo explain this for me. 

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@nsen the promo will go into effect on the second month and then run for 12 months. The first month is a fully paid month (due to proration). If your second bill is still the full amount, create a new thread here and we’ll flag a Koodo rep for you :)

Hello,

The pricing on your site only mentions the 5$ per month, there’s no mention of a time limit for this pricing nor a mention of it increasing to $20 per month. Can you explain why the plan is set 20$ and why it’s not $5 as mentioned on the site. If it’s not $5 a month I find this misleading and should be mentioned on the site that it will increase or it is actually $20 a month with a short term discount.

Can you confirm that I will pay $5 a month ? Or is your offer $20 a month ?

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Click the little number 1 behind the offer, and you’ll see the nitty gritty say

1. Limited time offer. You'll pay $5/month for the first 12 months. On month 14, you'll begin paying the regular price, currently $20/month. Taxes and pay-per-use services (such as long distance, roaming and additional airtime or data) are extra. Plus applicable provincial or municipal government 911 fees in Nova Scotia (43¢), PEI (70¢), New Brunswick (53¢), Quebec (46¢), Alberta (44¢), Saskatchewan (62¢), and Newfoundland and Labrador (75¢). New activations on Wireless Home Phone from Koodo only. The current regular price of $20/month rate applies at month 14. For the first bill, partial charges will be pro-rated based on the regular price of the $20 rate. The $15 discount will begin to show up on the first full month of service for the next 12 months.