Koodo Community
Solved

WiFi Calling Charges

• 9 May 2019
  • 4 replies

Hello, I am using monthly plan with below add-on bundles:

"1000 Intl LD min Bonus V2"

Now I just need to know if I enable WiFi calling, will there be any additional charges if I made calls to following countries which are included in the ad-on ( " India, Germany, China, Hong Kong, Bangladesh, Italy, Mexico, Australia & Taiwan" ?
icon

Best answer by Dinh 9 May 2019, 18:41

Wi-fi calling tech is to help the phone to reroute call/text through wifi to a Koodo server. All of your phone calls, texts are still calculated as normal minutes.

So if you had the add-onm your calls to those countries are calculated similarly as normal calls without Wifi calling.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
With wifi calling, you will still incur the use of the LD minutes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Wi-fi calling tech is to help the phone to reroute call/text through wifi to a Koodo server. All of your phone calls, texts are still calculated as normal minutes.

So if you had the add-onm your calls to those countries are calculated similarly as normal calls without Wifi calling.
is wifi calling automatically included in the plan, free of charge? I enabled wifi calling on my iphone but i am just wondering if there will be additional fees associated with this service.
Checked my plan it says Koodo VoLTE Access is included - does that mean Wifi calling is included as well?
Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
is wifi calling automatically included in the plan, free of charge? I enabled wifi calling on my iphone but i am just wondering if there will be additional fees associated with this service.
Checked my plan it says Koodo VoLTE Access is included - does that mean Wifi calling is included as well?
Thanks.

@HankL you need a supported Koodo device to have wifi calling. If your device is supported, you can simply enable (activate) it in your phone. Detail instruction is here https://www.koodomobile.com/help/wifi-calling