Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why was my account in collection's

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well usually that happens when people do not pay their bills, Jenny. Have you checked self service?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Jenny Why do you think your account is in collection?
Bernard wrote:

The bank did a credit check
Bernard wrote:

Of course, I felt humiliated!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

What exactly do you mean by the bank did a credit check? Are you perhaps referring to a spending limit program? If that is the case, there is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of! It just means your account needs some time to be established as "credit worthy". Keep paying the bills and in about 6 months, you will be upgraded to a regular account.
I know that already but why was MINE sent to collection's as I've paid my bill and never gone in arrears.
Userlevel 7
Jenny wrote:

I know that already but why was MINE sent to collection's as I've paid my bill and never gone in...

Hi Jenny,

Is it because you received a text to your number? My brother had received one before that was intended for the old user of that number.
Jenny wrote:

I know that already but why was MINE sent to collection's as I've paid my bill and never gone in...

That would explain it. Thanks Mathieu Now the question is::"How do I get my account out of collection's? Koodo would be responsible for this! Right Bernard?
Userlevel 7
Jenny wrote:

Did you get anything in writting from Koodo or the collections agency?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jenny wrote:

Jenny, your account is not in collection currently. If I interpret correctly what you maybe meaning is your bank or a provincial credit bureau has a possible flag on your profile. This could happen if bill payments fall behind for a number of consecutive months. 
I know that already but why was MINE sent to collection's as I've paid my bill and never gone in arrears.