Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why was i charged for today?

I just started my plan with koodo and have ran into a problem with my pre-authorized payments. I started my plan on nov 25 and it ended on the 29th and started a new cycle for december till the 29th. I was charged yesterday on my bank account for the price of my bill which i didnt have available yet because i assumed that i would be charged on the 29th or the day before. I want to have some clarification on why these charges were made and want to know the exact in which i will be charged for my bill. Had i known it had been this day i would've transferred money into my account.
icon

Best answer by Daniel Koodo 22 December 2016, 17:22

Hi Mark! When you have pre-authorized payments, your payment of the balance due is withdrawn approximately 15 days after the bill cycle (Bill Date plus 15 days). It is therefore withdrawn before the due date to ensure that your payment is not late.

Since your bill cycle starts the 29th, your payment should go through around the 14th of the next month. Therefore, this first time it was taken out on the 15th of December. That is how the payment will go through each month.

Hope that clears that up! 🙂

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Hi Mark! When you have pre-authorized payments, your payment of the balance due is withdrawn approximately 15 days after the bill cycle (Bill Date plus 15 days). It is therefore withdrawn before the due date to ensure that your payment is not late.

Since your bill cycle starts the 29th, your payment should go through around the 14th of the next month. Therefore, this first time it was taken out on the 15th of December. That is how the payment will go through each month.

Hope that clears that up! 🙂