Koodo Community
Solved

why was i charged a tab charge after paying off

• 31 October 2020
  • 22 replies

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 31 October 2020, 19:52

Nope there wasn’t an extra $15 charge.    When speaking to a live rep they said it’s because my balance was $45 at time of paying off tab. It clearly wasn’t.  I will be taking this higher and filing a dispute and probably taking my business elsewhere after being loyal for almost 20yrs 

Just let you know about charge from your screenshot . 
Thus is your screenshot.  
And the line Sep 29th.  It means, once you pay $15 on your Sep bill, then remaining balance will be $30.
But you requested paying off on Oct 1st.  So, you will see $15 plus $30 pay off on same bill which make sense the rep explain.

You can file complaint ( total of $45tab to pay off is seems right tho) and move onto different provider if you wish.     BTW, Koodo is around 12 years… 

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Everything looks ok to me. You paid 15 due this month + the other 30 that was left due on it.

Last bill I requested tab paid in full for both my lines.   My other line doesn’t have a monthly tab charge on it

I only owed $30 as of September if I paid $30 how can I be billed for zero balance?

Everything looks ok to me. You paid 15 due this month + the other 30 that was left due on it.if I paid off oct1st  how would I owe for November? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What is your total due?  Do you see credit on your bill?

last month when I received my bill I requested to pay off both balances - 2 tabs.   Paid my bill in full plus the tab balance amounts.   This bill there are 2 credits along with my Pmt of tabs 120+30=150 credits 15+9=24.     Charged monthly tab charge for 1 line after tab paid in full see pics 

$125   50+50+15 plus tax

last month when I received my bill I requested to pay off both balances - 2 tabs.   Paid my bill in full plus the tab balance amounts.   This bill there are 2 credits along with my Pmt of tabs 120+30=150 credits 15+9=24.     Charged monthly tab charge for 1 line after tab paid in full see pics 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I can't access your bill/account and I can't see page 2 on your PDF bill.

I can post my bill since I did similar thing with you ( pay off tab. There was a charged under detail info my line. )

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I can't access your bill/account and I can't see page 2 on your PDF bill.

I can post my bill since I did similar thing with you ( pay off tab. There was a charged under detail info my line. )

I paid off $2.08.  But I got charged $3 it looks like they ignore my pay off.

But, if you check page 2. There is a credit for it.

Do you see similar credit?

I didn’t upgrade on any phones so no tab going forward for me.   I didn’t get a credit to offset the charge 

My other tab balance.   Logic isn’t there is both weren’t charged again to offset

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I didn’t upgrade on any phones so no tab going forward for me.   I didn’t get a credit to offset the charge 

You can ignore the word of "upgrade.".  Pay off can be both reason. - Upgrade or simply just pay off.

My point was that I paid off $2.08. But they still add $3 charge.    But, I received $3 credit at same time ( it's showing on page 2)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You got $9 credit. Because you paid off $120 last month. They must added $9 + $120 on last month bill. 

I also see $15 credit.   Your pay off amount was $30. But there was an extra $15 charge. That's why $15 credit on page 2.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Also you can check  "Balance Due"

And if you still doubt about your bill, you can contact Koodo and dispute/ ask explanation of charge. 

BTW, if your bill date is 28th of the month, you could wait till Monday or Tuesday to get your bill get fully updated.  It usually takes 3-5 business days to get your bill. If you received your bill already it seems too soon for me...

Nope there wasn’t an extra $15 charge.    When speaking to a live rep they said it’s because my balance was $45 at time of paying off tab. It clearly wasn’t.  I will be taking this higher and filing a dispute and probably taking my business elsewhere after being loyal for almost 20yrs 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just let you know about charge from your screenshot . 
Thus is your screenshot.  
And the line Sep 29th.  It means, once you pay $15 on your Sep bill, then remaining balance will be $30.
But you requested paying off on Oct 1st.  So, you will see $15 plus $30 pay off on same bill which make sense the rep explain.

You can file complaint ( total of $45tab to pay off is seems right tho) and move onto different provider if you wish.     BTW, Koodo is around 12 years… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me flag this to a rep for you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi. :) Under page 2 out of 8 you can see Tab Payment (*******475) -$15.00. So the $15 is credited on the same bill but it’s visible on a different page. The tab payoff is only $30. 

The system will always charge the last tab charge, but it will provide a credit for it as well. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding in regards to the $45 tab payoff.