Koodo Community
Solved

Why the hell do i get charged for days i wasnt even ported over!

• 12 August 2020
  • 5 replies

I started my wife's phone and mine on a new KooDoo plan.. I am actually feeling better taken care of with Chatr for God's sake! This screw the customer over with dead end phone call, condescending jargon about 80% of the people are better served by bots is demeaning and stupid. You didn't port our numbers correctly and it was hell trying to get a call back because you pigeon hole the customer into trying to get through your bs. Now I am being charged for 8-10 days of a number which couldn't receive texts or incoming calls because you wouldn't return my calls. I have been fighting to even get a gdam agent for F's sales.. this is total BS!

icon

Best answer by Futiless 12 August 2020, 07:11

Nope the system gladly transferred me from phone, to automated system had me describe the problem take my name and number and when it was supposed to provide a time to schedule a call back the system transferred me here. This has happened for the last several days as the schedule call back is always "full". Last Friday I scheduled a call and never got a call back at all. This is unreasonable and poor service standing in my face and implying I have done something is not a responsible way to imply how a new customer be handled. I have been without service for ten days and had to pay for them. Now deal with this is my spare time and have fanboys Ra Ra the hell out of me is too much really!

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi,

I think you need to provide more detail about the activation. It was hard to know exactly what happened from your description. Who helped you with the porting?. Koodo doesn’t do porting themselves. Normally customers had to do it in their self-serve or provide information to a rep, so a rep can help. It isn’t an automatic process. Also, some carriers provide port protection (Koodo also has), customers have to inform their current provider about the porting before it could be transferred. I hope it wasn’t the main issue that prevented the porting in your case.

Anyway, If you would like to dispute, I would suggest you contact them directly. Best way is to chat with a social media rep via facebook messaging  https://www.facebook.com/Koodo Regarding the digital assistant, you would need to describe the problem with it.  If it cannot answer/help, it will schedule a callback for you. If your turn off/quit early, the digital assistant cannot schedule a callback.

Nope the system gladly transferred me from phone, to automated system had me describe the problem take my name and number and when it was supposed to provide a time to schedule a call back the system transferred me here. This has happened for the last several days as the schedule call back is always "full". Last Friday I scheduled a call and never got a call back at all. This is unreasonable and poor service standing in my face and implying I have done something is not a responsible way to imply how a new customer be handled. I have been without service for ten days and had to pay for them. Now deal with this is my spare time and have fanboys Ra Ra the hell out of me is too much really!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which number did you ask the system called back to? was it the same number or a different number?

Anyway, as I mentioned earlier, you need a rep to look into the issue. Facebook messaging could be the best as you had some difficulty with callback.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sorry to hear that we didn’t start things off on the right foot, @Futiless .

From what I can see, the account was created on the 29th of July, and the port request was initiated on Aug. 5. When a new account is opened, we assign what could be seen as a ‘temporary’ phone number. One can choose to continue service with this number (as it’s fully functional) at that point, or port in an existing number from elsewhere. The port process is initiated by the customer via Self Serve, as @Dinh mentioned above. Depending on where the number is being ported in from and how easily your old service provider releases the number, this process can take a few hours to a few days - I don’t have the specifics of your case, so not sure where the hold-up was.

All that said, if you’d like us to further look into your account and share more details, you can either send us a private message via Facebook, or book a callback during business hours (note - if booking after close of business day at the moment, and all time slots for the following day are booked, you will be routed to here as you mentioned, or advised to try again). But if you try once you see this today, you should be able to get a callback within an hour-or-so, no problem. Use this link, and type in #HelpSS to get directly into the callback booking flow. 

Your service representatives never offered this number and after countless attempts to get through your service to the customer firewalls I managed to talk to someone who explained that you made a mistake and i wasn't fully ported. As texts and incoming calls were not functional due to YOUR mistake. This was a miserable situation for a new customer as your unintuitive system pushes very hard to not properly service me with a technically inclined person who could fix this. After countless attempts I did get someone who fully explained how it wasn't ported correctly on the backbone server.

THIS IS NOT MY FAULT!!