Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why my first montly plan fee from bill list is 10$ more than regular plan fee?

I have become koodo client April.30.I have a 30$ monthly-pay plan. Now I get a bill saying the monthly plan fee is 40$. I do not know why! Is this only for the first month? Any explanation would be appreciated.

5 replies

Yes this is only for the 1 st month. The 10 $ more that you had are a proration which means the plan charge from the 1 st day of your subscription until the end of your bill Cycle. Basing on the amount i think that your bill cycle starts the 10 and ends by the 9 next month. Is it clear enough ? 😉
Get it solved ! wrote:

Yes this is only for the 1 st month. The 10 $ more that you had are a proration which means the ...

Thank you very much! I got most of the point!
Userlevel 4
A good thing to do is to look at the bill before asking questions. It's great you did if this is your first service on your own. In the account detail section, there will be two lines with your rate plan. Each line will have dates in brackets. Those dates represent the time period Koodo is billing you for. the first is usually the month in advance, the second line is the proration Get it solved! has mentioned
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

A good thing to do is to look at the bill before asking questions. It's great you did if this is ...

Thank you, Tyler. I checked the bill through self service of Koodo, an apple application. I found there is no specification on monthly plan just a subtotal 40$. I guess there is other way to see details involving date period and corresponding fees. If you know please let me know, thanks.
Userlevel 4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

A good thing to do is to look at the bill before asking questions. It's great you did if this is ...

The app would show you limited info on billing. It would be best to view the full bill on a computer. It will load a PDF of your bill where you can see the details I explained. 🙂 When you log into Self Serve, go to BILLING then VIEW YOUR BILL.