Koodo Community

Community

Solved

WHY is my bill so high ???

My plan is $65 a month and all of the sudden the past 2 months it's $ 126 ?? I shut my data off .... so i only use wifi .... and my bill is paid every month so there's no reason why my bill should be $126 ...

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Check page 3 of your bill in self serve. It should break it down dollar for dollar!
Chadwick wrote:

Check page 3 of your bill in self serve. It should break it down dollar for dollar!

They don't even send me an invoice so I don't even see my bill I just get a text message telling me how much my bill is
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

You can check your bill online through self serve. Every month. Anytime.
Chadwick wrote:

Why is my bill too high?  My plan is $60 and I've been charged $191.91!  Explain please.
tiblets Richardson
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

Did you even read the thread before commenting? Look at your bill in self serve. Check page 3. What does it say ?
Chadwick wrote:

This is ridiculous.  How can so many people be billed so high.  I too have 2 months of outrageous charges after only being a customer for 3 months and never did get the $50.00 credit off the bill as told in an email.  AND my phone is doing crazy things such as making calls and receiving texts from people I don't know.  What is going on?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

As stated repeatedly on this thread: sign into self serve and view the pdf copy of your bill. Page three will provide the breakdiwn of all charges on the bill. And your phone will receive any text sent to your number, whether you know the person who sent it or not. That's not a "crazy thing" your phone is doing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

So many people? It's really just a handful of hundreds of thousands of customers who didn't have a chance to look at their bill in detail. This thread is more than a year old. 🙂 That said you have to lines with $28 plans that include 100 anytime min. On both lines you used more hence the overage fees. One of the lines (the one without the data block on) also used data. All the info can found on page 4 and 7 of your bill. I hope this helps. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You've been carrying a past due balance Heather. Check you February invoice you will see the reminder. We only received payment for the current month not the one that was missed.
I pay every month though so how do i have a past due amount ? 2 months in a row ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Heather Bradley wrote:

I pay every month though so how do i have a past due amount ? 2 months in a row ?

I advise you to create an account with SelfServe, to keep an eye on your bill . Its very handy to be able to see what things are doing. You can also keep an eye on your data usage if you have Data on your account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Heather Bradley wrote:

You can check your credit card or bank statements to make sure if you didn't miss the payment. 
Heather Bradley wrote:

I did that and i even have confirmation numbers of the payments
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Heather Bradley wrote:

It's the January payment that was missed Heather. 
Heather Bradley wrote:

I have the payment confirmation number that I made in January... I went back and looked on my online banking and the only month that I missed was December ... and it is now March so I'm all the sudden getting billed for missing December's payment both in February and March but Not January ?? Doesn't make any sense ..
Heather Bradley wrote:

January's bill was $60 both February and now March bills are $126
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Heather Bradley wrote:

What's the due date on your bills? It sounds like you made your December bill payment in January, then missed the January bill, which would be why there is a past due balance in both February and March.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Heather Bradley wrote:

It's only one month that kept carrying over Heather, that's why it appeared it Feb and March.
Userlevel 1
Like Chadwick said. Also, All of the following may raise your bill: Overages in your Data, Minutes And SMS. You said you paid last month but Bernard says you still have a past due balance... Make sure you sent it to the right Payee, Once i sent the money to the wrong one and it happens if you pay with your bank but rarely.
Since Koodo didn't recieve your payment last month you also get charged for not paying in time, it's only 2% anyways.
Also, one time my phone got fiddled into call forwarding mode. It then commenced charging me about $5 per minute for forwarded calls, which were local by the way. Koodo kindly refunded a small portion of the overage but still made off with around $75 extra dollars before I figured out the problem.