Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why international calls are charged both local and LD charges?

About making international calls. Hello, I just received my e-bill. The fees amazed me. Some of my international calls are charged both the local airtime charges and LD charges. How does that happen? I've already had the Int'l Dialing & LD Saver services and my plan contains unlimited minutes. Please help me to check the problem. Thanks.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
By adding the LD Saver you get 5cents/min rates to china however Anytime Minutes still apply Please note the footnote in regular sized print in the link below http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/long-distance
Dennis wrote:

By adding the LD Saver you get 5cents/min rates to china however Anytime Minutes still apply P...

Oh, I didn't notice that before. Thanks very much. So I have to care my rate plan.
Userlevel 6
If you have unlimited minutes in your plan you are only charged the international LD, so nothing to worry about.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

If you have unlimited minutes in your plan you are only charged the international LD, so nothing ...

I completely missed that OP has unlimited minutes. If that is the case you should not be charged for the anytime mins. Lingjie, give Koodo a call and I'm sure they can fix your bill (*611 on your koodo cell)
Userlevel 6
Chris Petersens wrote:

If you have unlimited minutes in your plan you are only charged the international LD, so nothing ...

Hold on, one thing the OP didn't state is if he changed plans recently. If he did and his previous plan did not have unlimited minutes the charges for local, if he didi go over are completely accurate.
Chris Petersens wrote:

Oh, you are right. I just changed the plan. Yesterday I made a call to Koodo customer service and told him about this situation. A good news is that he reduced my charges.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

Great catch Chris +1
Userlevel 6
Chris Petersens wrote:

Well, I'm a little pissed at koodo Lingjie. You just stated that you indeed changed plans and therefore the charges were totally legitimate. So, the credit seems undeserved. I guess next time, I will call and ask for a credit because I didn't know I went over my limit. 😞
Userlevel 6
Did you change plans recently Lingjie?
Chris Petersens wrote:

Did you change plans recently Lingjie?

Thank you very much, Chris. Now the problem is solved.
Userlevel 1
Local calls should really be called airtime. You are using airwaves to make the call, and that's what you are being charged with.