Koodo Community
Solved

Why does the "monthly Service charge" say "plus tab charge"?

• 10 June 2021
  • 2 replies

This Service Agreement wording makes it seem like I will have to keep paying at least $60 a month to keep my plan after my phone is paid off in 24 months.  Shouldn't the  “Minimum monthly charge(plus Tab charge)” say “Minimum monthly charge(including tab charge)”?  In theory my minimum month charge will drop to $45 after 24 months if I don’t switch plans or get a new phone, but my agreement seems that $60 is the minimum I will ever see.  I don’t mind if they are adding things together, but the service agreement doesn’t ever mention that the basic monthly plan rate is $45 a month.  $45 does not appear in the document.

It says:

Monthly Tab Reduction: (24 months): $15.00

Your monthly service charge:
Minimum monthly charge(plus Tab charge): $60.00
Add-ons: $0.00
Your total monthly charge*: $60.00

I think it should say: 

Your monthly service charge:

Monthly Rate Plan charge(not including Tab charge): $45.00
Monthly Tab charge: $15.00

Add-ons: $0.00
Your total monthly charge*: $60.00

icon

Best answer by Bernard Koodo 10 June 2021, 20:54

@GarthChristie Thanks for the feedback!!! We certainly see how it may appear that way. That is why we tried to balance and clarify things by including the following copy next to the numbers:

“Remember, the Tab balance will always drop off after 24 months so you’ll only pay the basic monthly rate plan after that.”

We don’t hold you to keep the same plan for the duration of the agreement either.  Plan changes can be done at any time depending on how your needs change or if there are particular promos available. 

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just specific wording I Suppose that Koodo goes by. Documents as such often times use specific terminology. I think that the later would work better as well personally.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@GarthChristie Thanks for the feedback!!! We certainly see how it may appear that way. That is why we tried to balance and clarify things by including the following copy next to the numbers:

“Remember, the Tab balance will always drop off after 24 months so you’ll only pay the basic monthly rate plan after that.”

We don’t hold you to keep the same plan for the duration of the agreement either.  Plan changes can be done at any time depending on how your needs change or if there are particular promos available.