Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why do I pay so much for an overdue bill? .68 cents might seem petty, but the bill was only 2 days late........How is this charge/fee set?

Is it use based or balance based? Is there any grace period?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There's no grace period as from the time you recieve the bill till you have to pay is a month so that should be plenty of time to make arrangements to pay.
Userlevel 6
I could be wrong but interest is charged for the whole bill not just for the 2 days you were late. That's how most companies do it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

I could be wrong but interest is charged for the whole bill not just for the 2 days you were late...

So the late would be the same even if you paid 20 days late. This is no different than paying your credit card a day late or a week late
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You are charged 2% of the past due balance each month as a late payment charge.
Not true. Koodo told me to pay 126 dollars as i deleted all my texts by accident. They failed to mention the 32 cents, and I got charged 2.57!! for 32 measly cents. Im looking for another company.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Donna Hewko wrote:

Not true. Koodo told me to pay 126 dollars as i deleted all my texts by accident. They failed to ...

Have you called them to rectify the issue?  Did they tell you they were unwilling to fix this mistake?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Donna Hewko wrote:

Not true. Koodo told me to pay 126 dollars as i deleted all my texts by accident. They failed to ...

You have the option, any time you wish, to review your current and 18 months of past bills in self-serve. The notification SMS is not the only means to learn your invoice amount.

As Dennis states: Have you called to see if they will make an adjustment?