Koodo Community

Why did this happen to me?

• 13 January 2021
  • 5 replies

I received a text regarding the amount of my bill on or around Dec 26th 2020. The bill was incorrect and Koodo was charging me $479.00 for their error. I requested a callback, spoke to a rep and got the situation sorted. She said it was their mistake and I was being charged for buying out of my plan, even though I am not buying out of my plan. So she said my bill was incorrect and we sorted it out. Yesterday, koodo took out that $479.00, putting me in overdraft, and now cannot refund me for 6-8 weeks! You took my money! I literally do not have any money to live because of this. How is this ok? Who can I speak to that can actually do something for me? Please. The bank said their timeline of getting the money back is about the same as koodos. $500 dollars taken from my account, putting my in overdraft. I want this taken care of now. Make it right, Koodo. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I can flag this for a Rep to look into but I would i guess ask for higher level management than the immediate manager.

They should absolutely be doing something quicker than that. I'm surprised to hear that your bank cannot get the payment cancelled quicker either.

$479 taken from my account, after I called in to fix the problem. Now I’m in overdraft and I’ll get my money back in 6-8 weeks? How is this just accepted by people? If I didn’t pay my bill, I would be penalised - but Koodo messes up hugely and doesn’t get penalised? What a joke. 

Reps also refusing to let me speak to a manager: I’ve talked to a rep from customer service and billing, both of them have said the exact same thing to me and basically said ‘a manager won’t be able to help you more than we are right now’. I find that hard to believe considering no one has helped me yet. 

I have spoken to a rep yet again - another at least an hour, mostly on hold, get transferred to different reps and no one can do anything for me. All they can do is refund the amount they took, but that’s good enough. There should be refund credit interest: this isn’t my mistake and I called in long before the bill was due to get the problem fixed. What is ever the point in calling into Koodo? You never get the service you’re asking for. I have to live in overdraft because Koodo messed up? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I received a text regarding the amount of my bill on or around Dec 26th 2020. The bill was incorrect and Koodo was charging me $479.00 for their error. I requested a callback, spoke to a rep and got the situation sorted. She said it was their mistake and I was being charged for buying out of my plan, even though I am not buying out of my plan. So she said my bill was incorrect and we sorted it out. Yesterday, koodo took out that $479.00, putting me in overdraft, and now cannot refund me for 6-8 weeks! You took my money! I literally do not have any money to live because of this. How is this ok? Who can I speak to that can actually do something for me? Please. The bank said their timeline of getting the money back is about the same as koodos. $500 dollars taken from my account, putting my in overdraft. I want this taken care of now. Make it right, Koodo. 

Did you schedule another callback with a Koodo rep? This would be the best way of dealing with them directly. You can explain to them your situation and try to escalate it to a Customer Service Manager.

If you cannot get in touch with them or the rep refuses to escalate for you, I would suggest making a complaint to CCTS and have them deal with your issue. https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form/