Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why did I get charged for extra data usage if I upgraded my plan within the same billing period?

My plan had 300MB of data included, and I accidentally went over, I never did get the text messages to warn me that I am set up for. I then before the end of my billing period, upgraded my plan to include the data that I had used and more. But I still was billed for the extra data usage and the bigger plan, I don't feel that is right, as I was still within my billing period.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
That is normal, you'll still pay for the overage even if you change to a new plan in the same billing cycle.
Userlevel 3
Switching plans to a higher quantity doesn't increase your usage limits for the whole month just from the time you changed your plan. Your usage before the change is assigned to your old plan while your usage after the change is assigned to the new plan. Each plan is prorated for the days used so you are not charged the whole cost. So you are just increasing your limits going forward not for the entire moth
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Does a plan change also pro-rate the data amount on the old and new plan? So if I had a 300MB plan and I switched half way does that mean I am allotted 150mb? If I change to a new plan with 1GB, does that mean I will have only 500MB for the remaining half of my month?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Does a plan change also pro-rate the data amount on the old and new plan? So if I had a 300MB ...

Data does not actually prorate. I'm not sure why, but it's the only thing that doesn't.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Does a plan change also pro-rate the data amount on the old and new plan? So if I had a 300MB ...

Thanks Timo!