Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Why can't I transfer my koodo phone number(monthly) to another koodo phone plan (monthly)?

Any idea why I can't transfer my current koodo number to my second phone line I have with koodo?

Thanks

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You just have to switch SIM cards if it's between your lines
Yes but I want to keep my current koodo phone number and port it to my other account, I don't need two accounts anymore. 
Userlevel 7
Bear wrote:

Yes but I want to keep my current koodo phone number and port it to my other account, I don't nee...

You need to call customer service and ask them to merge the accounts... There may be a fee to do so. Are both accounts in your name?
Userlevel 7
You should be able to select change phone number in self serve, where it will then give you an option to port a phone number. At this point, you will need to enter the account information and the phone number to port and then it will transfer the number to that line. If that does not work, you might have to contact customer support to get it done.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Maybe I'm misunderstanding.
But OP want to swap the number between 2 plans/line. And I thought it not possible....?

Userlevel 7
Mayumi wrote:

But OP want to swap the number between 2 plans/line. And I thought i...

I think OP wants to cancel line 1, but put line 1's number onto line 2 and keep using line 2.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

They do. They can't.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

That's what I thought.(if I understand correctly) 
OP want to keep his line 2 plan with line 1 number. But they can't do it.

Mayumi wrote:

Wonder why they can't do it, how difficult would it be for them to add such an option?

Userlevel 7
Mayumi wrote:

It is quite complex to be honest. Even trying to grasp what you were asking took a bit of time and I never remember hearing anyone ask anything like this before either
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
While it is possible to merge two accounts with one line each into one account with two lines, it is not possible to transfer a phone number from one koodo line to another koodo line.  The only way I can see this working would be if you port the number to another provider, then port it back to koodo on the other line, but it's still questionable whether the system will work correctly if you try to port back immediately to a different line.