Koodo Community
Question

why can i not speak to a real human about my phone issues?

I have been trying to get in contact with a rep to discuss my phone bill and it is simply impossible. Despite being a loyal customer for many years, I am exploring other options and am really frustrated at the terrible customer service Koodo is providing. The online robot is useless. I believe I have been overcharged and I am also requesting Koodo have some sympathy for individuals going over their airtime minutes or data during this unprecedented health crisis that has people out of a job and at home where their phones are sometimes the only thing that connects them to the world. Can I please speak to an actual human about my bill?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you share the reason for the overcharge? What was your plan? And what did it charge you? Was the charge valid? 

The bot can schedule a callback In certain cases. You could also chat with agent via social media (facebook /twitter)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@beets  You can always talk to us!  It maybe a little more challenging during these times but as Dinh mentioned it above you can either schedule a callback or reach via social media. 

Most things can be solved online, details of your bills are also easily accessible. Sounds you have exceeded the minutes in your plan last month. Most of our customers have unlimited minutes in their package. Have you switched to been able to switch to that?  

I am having the same problem.  I just got my phone bill and it is double the price.  I am supposed to have unlimited calling Canada wide but I was charged $59 for Local Airtime.  I tried to use Koodo Assist twice.  The first time it asked if I wanted to schedule a call back and I said yes and after I answered a few questions it said there were no time slots available.  So I thought maybe it was busy so I just tried again.  This time it keeps getting stuck and saying “Sorry try that again (not exact words)” .  I typed Schedule a call back like it said last night thinking it will recognize those words and again it just keeps repeating the same message.  I am seriously thinking of just paying my bill minus the $59 and switching to TELUS.  I will try one more time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@abeausol 

Have you tried reaching Koodo through Facebook private message or Twitter DM? These are the easiest means to reach them just now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@abeausol Sounds like you changed to an unlimited plan after you incurred the overages. You can see on your detailed bill for what days the charges were for. There would be no charges for nationwide calls post  switching to an unlimited plan. Your bill would also state when plan change took place. 

None of you have addressed the fact that we are living during an unprecedented health crisis and I should be able to speak to a human about my individualized situation. I am 100 percent leaving Koodo unless someone calls me back. I've realized they have stopped speaking to customers on the phone because they don't want to deal with people. Terrible customer service. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

None of you have addressed the fact that we are living during an unprecedented health crisis and I should be able to speak to a human about my individualized situation. I am 100 percent leaving Koodo unless someone calls me back. I've realized they have stopped speaking to customers on the phone because they don't want to deal with people. Terrible customer service. 

Koodo reps are also human beings and  under the same situation like you are.

As people mentioned above you could setup a callback at www.koodo.com/chat or you can communicate with a rep via facebook messaging. https://www.facebook.com/Koodo

Koodo reps are also human beings and they are also under the same situation like you are.

As people mentioned above you could setup a callback yourself at www.koodo.com/chat or you can communicate with a rep via facebook messaging. https://www.facebook.com/Koodo

And I completely understand that there will be delays and issues with getting someone on the phone during this time. Of course. But that is not what is happening. I have attempted to use Koodo assist multiple multiple times and I have had no success. I would even be happy to schedule a call 2 weeks from now if that is the reality.  But I have not been presented with even that option. Just a simple "no time slots".  I will try Facebook next I suppose.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They did have some issue earlier, but I think they are getting better now with callback. I just tried to setup a callback 5minutes ago and they called me instantly (not joking, you can see the snapshot below).

I would suggest you type #helpSS after you enter the number that you can callback. That might help.

Also as Bernard mentioned above, if you changed your plan to an unlimited plan after you went over your minutes, the overage already happened and it was not reversible by changing plan. However, you could ask them if they can help given the situation with covid19.

Having the same issue, I want to change my rate plan which has been on seasonal hold. On self serve i would not let me change my plan + i scheduled a call back, Even though i got a message that I will be getting a call soon.. Nothing happened ( NO CALL!!!) i tried messaging in FaceBook @ Koodo Still nothing… How can inhabe my phone activated for real ???

Frustrated i been a customer with Koodo for so long !!

Hope i get a reply here 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Having the same issue, I want to change my rate plan which has been on seasonal hold. On self serve i would not let me change my plan + i scheduled a call back, Even though i got a message that I will be getting a call soon.. Nothing happened ( NO CALL!!!) i tried messaging in FaceBook @ Koodo Still nothing… How can inhabe my phone activated for real ???

Frustrated i been a customer with Koodo for so long !!

Hope i get a reply here 

Koodo’s messaging on facebook is not live.  But you should get a response within a day or so.  

For the call back, make sure you have not blocked Koodo’a number or unknown numbers from getting through.  In the past we have found quite often that customers have blocked Koodo’s number