Koodo Community
Question

Why are my calls dropped?

• 8 October 2019
  • 8 replies

I am so frustrated. My boyfriend is away and so it costs us between 1.30 (phone card) and 1.85 (collect call) per call. My calls keep getting dropped after not even 10 minutes so we end up paying much more than we can afford. It's very upsetting and I don't know why it is happening. I am in my home and some calls are fine while others drop while I am sitting in the same spot. Is there a way i can get these calls refunded? Help!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What kind of phone is it you are using?
Do you have an old phone you can try and see if it's the phone dropping calls or the network possibly.
ALos what signal strength are you seeing when your on a call, you could have a bar and then that bar is gone sitting in the same spot as the outside world fluctuates, try a different part of the house and or outside and see if it's happening still.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can you try any other calling options? For instance, Fongo works via internet so you can use WiFi and there are very good rates worldwide if you cannot do skype to skype or WhatsApp to WhatsApp or any other messaging app for voice.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you have wifi at home and a smartphone, get an account with CallCentric (VoIP) and install the VoIPer app. on your phone. Pay-per-minute is very cheap and covers all of North America.
What kind of phone is it you are using?
Do you have an old phone you can try and see if it's the phone dropping calls or the network possibly.
ALos what signal strength are you seeing when your on a call, you could have a bar and then that bar is gone sitting in the same spot as the outside world fluctuates, try a different part of the house and or outside and see if it's happening still.

I am using a Samsung 9. I have 4 out of 5 bars so I don't think it's the signal strength. I've tried a couple of different rooms and I get the same result. Frustrating indeed.
If you have wifi at home and a smartphone, get an account with CallCentric (VoIP) and install the VoIPer app. on your phone. Pay-per-minute is very cheap and covers all of North America.
Hey! I looked it up and it would actually cost more. $3 for a 20 minute call instead of 1.30-1.85. Thanks though
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I am using a Samsung 9. I have 4 out of 5 bars so I don't think it's the signal strength. I've tried a couple of different rooms and I get the same result. Frustrating indeed.
I would visit your closest Koodo store and ask for a new sim card and see if that fixes the problem.
Userlevel 3
Hello there! Have you tried to reset the network settings? Here is how to do it:
From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the apps screen.
Tap Reset network settings.
Review the info then tap Reset.
To confirm, review the info then tap Reset.
Please make sure that you know your WI-Fi password since it will be lost once you hit on reset network settings.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you have wifi at home and a smartphone, get an account with CallCentric (VoIP) and install the VoIPer app. on your phone. Pay-per-minute is very cheap and covers all of North America.Hey! I looked it up and it would actually cost more. $3 for a 20 minute call instead of 1.30-1.85. Thanks though

Well, if it continues to not work, and the issue is on your end, it'll end up cheaper due to not cutting out regularly. Where is your boyfriend? Did you ask him to see if there's anything wrong on his end with his phone or roaming carrier?