Koodo Community

Community

Solved

why are e-bills so late and infrequent?

Koodo only seems to send the e-bill every 2 or 3 months. When it does come its late.  The one I just received today is for the last 3 months, they havn't even sent me a bill since May, and now it says that the due date is July 5th,  but the date the bill was sent to me is July 10.  Seriously, is this some sort of scam to get me to pay late charges?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How do you mean every two or three months? We receive ours bang on time. You can always log into self service when the bill is due and stay up to date that way, you don't have to wait till you receive notification.
Sophia wrote:

How do you mean every two or three months? We receive ours bang on time. You can always log into ...

im sorry but that is not a helpful reply.  I have more important things on my mind than to remember that its time to pay Koodo. If I were able to remember to pay the bill without a reminder there would be no need to have contacted this forum.  The reminders are important that is why they exist.  If Koodo can't get it together to send them on time and regularly, then they hardly have the right o be charging me a late fee.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

How do you mean every two or three months? We receive ours bang on time. You can always log into ...

As David said it could be that you don't have notifications turned on. However, even if they don't notify you, you remain responsible for paying your bill on time. It may be annoying, and even stupid, or whatever else you want to describe it, that you're not getting notifications, but you remain responsible. You can set a monthly reminder on your phone, or online calendar via Gmail or outlook or any of a million other organizers or do autopay since you have better things to do (most people usually do have better things to do) but nowhere is it an excuse to not pay that you didn't get notified of a regularly recurring bill.
Userlevel 4
Sophia wrote:

Hi Derek,

Is there any better think to do than to pay you bills on time?

When you pay your phone bill on time you know that you can enjoy it for the next month. When you pay your mortgage or your apartment on time you have roof over your head for the next month, when you pay any bill on time you reap the benefits of that instantly. Isn't it enjoyable?

With a respect to You. Don't rely too much on reminders. They sometimes fail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you checked your self serve, and ensured notifications are turned on? You should be able to choose email or text notification. A notice every 3 months suggests a pending closure of an account, and is not a normal notification.
David wrote:

Have you checked your self serve, and ensured notifications are turned on? You should be able to ...

ill look into what David said.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

Have you checked your self serve, and ensured notifications are turned on? You should be able to ...

I suggest turning on both text and email notifications at least until you are regularly getting them
I have the same damn problem.  I used to receive notifications with plenty of time left to pay my bill. Now I get the good ol' "Just checking, did you remember to pay your Koodo Mobile bill?...." text message but have not received a text in MONTHS saying I have a payment due. Then I log into self service and I have late fees. Boo, Koodo. Very Boo.  Seriously  thinking of switching to a carrier where I can speak to a human being over the phone that actually works for said carrier.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mark Shaw wrote:

I have the same damn problem.  I used to receive notifications with plenty of time left to p...

Have you checked your notification settings in Self Serve as others have suggested?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mark Shaw wrote:

I have the same damn problem.  I used to receive notifications with plenty of time left to p...

You can also set the reminder on your phone as othes suggested to make sure to pay your bill on time.